IGNORED

Aden Flint - Giant Defender, Giant Of A Man !

The Gasbuster

Yes another Aden thread, just didn't want it getting lost in the NO, NO, NO thread (!).

When he first arrived at A.G., for a while it seemed like we had landed half the player we thought we were getting.

Now we have TWICE the player we thought we were getting (perhaps more).

Last night he was assaulted, fouled continually, and verbally abused by the Swindle scum fans pretty much for 90 minutes.

A lesser man would have crumpled, retaliated, got booked or even sent off.

To be this far into the season, and to have just one booking, being the type of player he is, is just incredible.

After his interview on the pitch with Sky; I was just willing him to do a "Thompson dance" in front of the Swindlers, I know that is what I would have done !

Instead he just walked off, clapping the City fans as he disappeared down the tunnel. 

That is why Flinty is more of a man than I am.

I had voted for the team as P.O.T.Y., after last night's performance, I am changing it to Flint.

The self discipline throughout the entire team was amazing, but yes, Flint was a clear prime example.  An absolute credit to the players and the management team.

I don't think I would have kept my head!!

Just as many on here are criticising Mark Cooper for the way he has, allegedly, encouraged his team to 'cheat', so should Steve Cotterill be praised for the self-discipline and restraint he appears to have instilled in his team.

This is a positive not a negative - he was truly dreadful at times when we first signed him. I remember him and Fontaine putting in a horror show at Coventry in August 2013. He was a shadow of the player he is now, you'd barely believe they're the same beanpole. Voted Freeman for POTY a few weeks back, starting to wonder whether I made the wrong choice; probably won't matter, Flint will get it anyway.

Just as many on here are criticising Mark Cooper for the way he has, allegedly, encouraged his team to 'cheat', so should Steve Cotterill be praised for the self-discipline and restraint he appears to have instilled in his team.

Yes, absolutely.  Key part of any sort of management.

• Admin

Yes, absolutely.  Key part of any sort of management.

Apparently Cotts goes right off on one back in the dressing room if any of our players pick up a booking.

It's incredible that our team does have an edge about them yet stand a decent chance of topping both the actual table and the fair play table at the season's end. 

Well, yes.  Although knocking the ball out of their player's hand was a bit naughty naughty, Mr Cotterill.

He said he didn't have to say a word to them about keeping their discipline before last nights game.  These players, like us supporters, knew exactly what Swindle were about in advance.  We saw them coming.

As for Aden, not retaliating or tantruming after being forearm smashed and gauged in the face shows remarkable maturity.

Then, whilst being called a c***, he's asked the most stupid question (I would have done a SO'D I think!) . . . . . . . . .  

Archived