IGNORED

Legalise Safe Standing Banner

cider head

Good to see.

Just out of interest, this was fan led?

Yes it is fan led, the banner is owned by Man city fans and have been contacting football fans around the country to get the banner seen at various football grounds, and with city they asked Jon who is leading the safe standing road show..

https://twitter.com/1894Group_MCFC

https://uniceone.wordpress.com/2015/02/09/banner-of-the-week-legalise-safe-standing-manchester-city-v-hull/

This banner was in place before the turnstiles opened! Hmmmmm!!!

Jon who is leading the safe standing road show collected the banner from the Man city fans and then contacted the club to ask if the banner could be put up before the kick off so there wasn't people in anyones way when putting the banner up when fans are entering the ground. It is nothing new as fans have put their flags up before kick off in the past.

I remember it well, I think he bounced a couple of times on the way down! :-))

Nothing smiley face about it - disgusted by his antics as well as those in Block B and A who got involved with the punches, verbals and spitting. All involved were neanderthals.

• Admin

Safe standing survey  http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/D4MAS/

Highlighted how Rail seating is safer than normal seating as you have your own protective rail stopping you toppling over at points of high emotion such as a goal being scored. So many times I have seen hitherto seated supporters injure themselves due to tripping over the seat in front when jumping to their feet to celebrate.

Highlighted how Rail seating is safer than normal seating as you have your own protective rail stopping you toppling over at points of high emotion such as a goal being scored. So many times I have seen hitherto seated supporters injure themselves due to tripping over the seat in front when jumping to their feet to celebrate.

This is true, it has to be much safer than those old backless seats once seen in the Eastend.

The safe standing roadshow was at Grimsby last week where it was used for the first time at a football match.

http://www.safestandingroadshow.co.uk/news/marinersinhistoricsafestandingfirst

I remember it well, I think he bounced a couple of times on the way down! :-))

Not particularly funny. I'm not being over dramatic in saying that if he had completely lost his footing he could have tumbled all the way down the dolman head over heals and at worst killed himself!

He was an idiot for behaving like that in a home end but so were the city fans who 'threw' him down the stand.

Not particularly funny. I'm not being over dramatic in saying that if he had completely lost his footing he could have tumbled all the way down the dolman head over heals and at worst killed himself!

He was an idiot for behaving like that in a home end but so were the city fans who 'threw' him down the stand.

If you go out of your way to sit in a Home end then expect the worst.

You're not being over dramatic, but i for one would struggle to have sympathy for the chap when he shouldn't be there in the first place.

You're not being over dramatic, but i for one would struggle to have sympathy for the chap when he shouldn't be there in the first place.

there is no doubt that he is an idiot, but little more if at all than the pathetic creatures who got so riled that they wanted to treat him the way that they did.

I agree. I don't have sympathy for the guy either but I also wouldn't have sympathy for the city fans who shoved him if his injuries had resulted in ABH, GBH or even manslaughter charges against them! Regardless of what he did you can't just push people down stairs. Yes his actions were provoking but in the grand scheme of life they weren't that provoking!

I agree. I don't have sympathy for the guy either but I also wouldn't have sympathy for the city fans who shoved him if his injuries had resulted in ABH, GBH or even manslaughter charges against them! Regardless of what he did you can't just push people down stairs. Yes his actions were provoking but in the grand scheme of life they weren't that provoking!

Provocatively I will admit having been close to that particular incident I wrote to the club the day following and reported the seat numbers of those who I saw involved.

Archived