IGNORED

Season Ticket Sales

Malaggro is back

I thought only season ticket renewals were available at the moment? Therefore surely we can only sell what we sold for this season up to this point which was around 8500?

Have they gone on general sale yet?

one way round it is if some of the rugby fans have upgraded to duel season tickets I suspose

I called just to confirm that the 5 season tickets that I had purchased had gone through ok as I hadn't received email confirmation for all of them.

I asked the lady who was dealing with me 'as I'm being nosey'. She said she personally didn't know and I heard her ask a bloke in the office, he replied 'just over 10,000'.

I was pleasantly suprised.

We had approximately 9000 season ticket holders this season - if we've got to 10,000 already with only existing season ticket holders and members being able to buy that's good going! Furthermore, if we are really at 10k I would have imagined the club would have made a song and dance when they reached this milestone plus there would have probably been something when we also exceeded last year's sales.

Regardless, I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that the south stand is almost sold out already and with general sale yet to come the cap could well be reached.

I called just to confirm that the 5 season tickets that I had purchased had gone through ok as I hadn't received email confirmation for all of them.

I asked the lady who was dealing with me 'as I'm being nosey'. She said she personally didn't know and I heard her ask a bloke in the office, he replied 'just over 10,000'.

I was pleasantly suprised.

Are you THE Malaggro?

• Admin

I doubt it as I could not even get two seats together and had to have my wife sit in the row in front of me,only the odd seat hear and there when I renewed.

Point being people like this season buying seats but not using them every game

Have had two seats behind me in Dolman where nobody has sat all season!

Why would someone buy a dual ticket, at extra cost , and not use it?

Because they fancy going to a number of games and its cost effective.  I think its reasonable to think that they are more likely to miss more games than a footy-only ST holder might.  Lets see what happens.

But, as a football ST holder only, that's what I do. I actually fancy going to all the games but probably on average make 18 or 19 a season. Is this not okay?

Surely if they're paying their money then its up to them?

Same as me. I always have holidays out of the school holiday periods and know I am going to miss some games.

Hasn't stopped me from buying a season ticket for years. Money the club know they've got from day one.

Unfortunately that seems inevitable. Empty seats with people unable to buy tickets.

Farce.

The concept of loads of rugger fans buying a season ticket to watch football is ........farce. 

Nothing like a prediction about empty seats. There will always be some empty seats even in  the biggest matches- shit happens

10,000? Surely not. I haven't got a hells chance of purchasing one on general sale :(

Why wait til then? Surely if you want a season ticket , are not an existing one then you would have bought a membership to get cat 2 which is now?? 

Alternatively everyone can cry wolf and pretend they're  incensed that with BS3 being limited capacity combined with the most exciting times in years that they can't  get a season ticket now or a seat next season. 

Those fans who want to be at BS3 next season will be. No doubt as soon as we stop winning - there will be loads of availability with few takers.

Cake and eat it comes to mind.

is there a cap on the number of STs available ?

If the figure of 10k is correct then that is a brilliant effort.

What is the capacity next season? with the Williams gone but the new south stand open?

16,000 ish

But, as a football ST holder only, that's what I do. I actually fancy going to all the games but probably on average make 18 or 19 a season. Is this not okay?

Surely if they're paying their money then its up to them?

Of course it's up to you and them. I'm just pointing out that there may be more empty seats.

I called it a farce as I think the likely effect of this is predictable, with many more POTD people unable to get in and more empty seats.

Archived