IGNORED

Nice And Early Tomorrow Everyone

• Admin

If your travelling to Preston tomorrow here's three things to think about :-

1 Roadworks

2 Easter holiday traffic

3 The grand National

Get out of those beds and hit the road nice and early otherwise you won't get there in time!

Plenty of time

Roadworks are always there

Easter holidays would have gone home already

Grand National is a long way South of where we are going

Like everything tomorrow - all will be fine..

I'm leaving now btw

Plenty of time

Roadworks are always there

Easter holidays would have gone home already

Grand National is a long way South of where we are going

Like everything tomorrow - all will be fine..

I'm leaving now btw

Still take 5 hours at least.

Went to Central Manchester and back yesterday. From Bristol it took 3 hours to get there and 3 1/2 hours to get back (including Manchester rush period).

So whilst Preston is further, think it will only take a bit longer tomorrow ... in terms of when you leave, depends how much time you want in the pub before of course!

Up the City!

8am?! You will be there by 1pm at the very latest. Probably by noon.

Leave by 10am and it'll be alright.

Bradford is another matter. I'd be leaving by 1:30pm. That could be a bad journey. Luckily I am working one hour away!

That should get you there for the second half.

No need to worry about the Grand National as that's 30 odd miles away from Deepdale.

If you like a pint before the match in a decent pub with riverside location not too far from the train station vist The Continental, known locally as the Conti. Link here: http://newcontinental.net/

Nice, safe place with no trouble or bouncers. Anywhere near the ground will be Preston only.

Enjoy your day out but not too much!

No need to worry about the Grand National as that's 30 odd miles away from Deepdale.

If you like a pint before the match in a decent pub with riverside location not too far from the train station vist The Continental, known locally as the Conti. Link here: http://newcontinental.net/

Nice, safe place with no trouble or bouncers. Anywhere near the ground will be Preston only.

Enjoy your day out but not too much!

Yes we know Aintree is 30 miles south of Preston the point is the M6 will be full of coaches heading to Liverpool for a 73000 sell out!

As someone who lives near Preston and does the reverse trip every other week I have learnt not to trust the M5/M6.

From the centre of Bristol you're looking at an absolute best of 3 hours 15. Normally these days it's closer to 4 hours.

Though 5 isn't impossible and 6 hours not out of the question with the odd incident complicating things.

I'd be leaving no later than 9......

Took me three hours last time, and that was in a mini bus.

It's only 180 odd miles

That's my thinking but after being told we're wrong on this topic already I'm leaving in 5 minutes with supplies for a week's travel...

That's my thinking but after being told we're wrong on this topic already I'm leaving in 5 minutes with supplies for a week's travel...

Yep, i've been to Deepdale four times and even played there twice, never took me more than 3 hours, perhaps I've just been mega lucky. Also did Blackpool on a bank holiday in less than three and a quarter hours....

Although this thread has made me panic now, might leave at midnight!

Got to Glasgow in 6 hours once on a friday night, but Preston is 'at least 5 hours'!!

Help!

Archived