IGNORED

Madness At The County Ground

Slacker

Looking for two(possibly five)tickets for the Madness gig in September at the County Ground.The 38 pound ones not the 60 quid ones.If anybody has tickets and need to get rid of them for what ever reason please give me a shout.Many Thanks.Okay,I need four tickets altogether.

Tomorrow night then, the gig, anyone going?

Apparently the band go onstage at the ungodly hour of 8.15, ending at 9.45, with after party at the Sportsman. Dress code is Fred Perry/Harringtons, but City colours would be more than acceptable as there's sure to be a few badly dressed sags in attendance. 

I will be there in Fred Perry (red and white, obviously) and obligatory Harrington. Just hoping my 48 year old legs can survive a good old skank nowadays!

9-45, mad dash to the car and in the boozer by 10-15, that's the plan (if I can still walk)!

Good man. Don't be thinking you'll be able to park anywhere near the ground though. I live just around the corner, and what with the Blue Few playing at home (they regularly bring several dozen cars, not to mention caravans, into the area on match day), parking could be difficult tomorrow. 

Will be a great gig though, no doubt. The adrenalin will carry you through. My legs have just turned 50!

I went with Mrs 54-46 and I wasn't massively impressed tbh

Seemed a pretty quiet sound system - not sure if that's anything to do with noise regs due to being in a residential area or I could be getting deaf in my old age

Not a patch on a gig by The Specials for me, although that was in a small inside venue with only a few hundred crowd, not really a fan of huge outdoor ones

Thought it was a great performance, good set list and excellent banter. The sound wasn't too good, as you say, but pretty standard for an outdoor show. Guitar way too low in the mix from where I was standing.

You can't beat an intimate gig in a small room. And it doesn't get much better than the Specials live either, saw them many times all over the country. But with Nevil and Roddy both having left (and Jerry Dammers of course), I guess that's game over. 

I can only assume the volume was down to regs but I can't say I noticed it being particularly quiet.

Totally agree about smaller venues too. Saw the beat at the Fleece and it was excellent until Ranking Rogers son cocked up mirror in the bathroom by rapping! Gonna stick to smaller gigs now but couldn't miss the nutty boys.

Archived