IGNORED

Blackpool 1967

gornagain

Sorry if this has already been posted. It has been up on youtube for over a year.

I saw this the other day:

and thought no, not only Ibrahimovic.

Great surprise, Youtube has the whole Match of  the Day broadcast

The memories:

No Dolman Stand
Gibbo
Jimmy Armfield
Stan Butt
Half time scores on the lettered boards
"wide open wild west has nothing on this Bristol City defence" for me just as memorable as "they think it's all over"

That Skirton goal

I was there aged 12 ... stood at the open end on the steps of the Hospital Broadcast box!

Me to, but aged 13 and stood in the East End.

Remember seeing the BBC Outside Broadcast vans outside before the game knowing we'd be on MOTD that night and then wishing we weren't having to watch that drubbing all over again!

Didn't realise that John Craven played for Blackpool before going on to Newsround.

Yes, and then they brought in that wnaker Dicks :grr: Pity there wasn't an OTIB to moan about him then :(

Wonder whether AD suggested 5 pillars to Harry D?

Was the Everton game (0-5) a cup game ? because Everton haven't played in Division 2,as it was called then. We did lose 5-0 in a league match that year but not the week before. We lost to Ipswich 0-5 but that was on August 26th. Everton finished in 5th place in the top division that season while we finished in 19th out of 22 just 5 points above relegation.

Was the Everton game (0-5) a cup game ? because Everton haven't played in Division 2,as it was called then. We did lose 5-0 in a league match that year but not the week before. We lost to Ipswich 0-5 but that was on August 26th. Everton finished in 5th place in the top division that season while we finished in 19th out of 22 just 5 points above relegation.

League Cup 

1. I was amazed at the number of men in the Open End wearing jackets and ties - and holding/reading newspapers!

2. The scorer of our second goal later left to join a team playing in the Champions League 1/8 finals tomorrow evening!

Archived