IGNORED

Bloody Cricinfo & The Glos

Aizoon

Bring up Cricinfo page, Glos looking at 1st Innings lead, 37 behind with 4 wickets to fall.

Within eight balls, they're all out for no further score.

What is it with me and Cricinfo? It's like Danny Baker and Teletext :(

• Admin

Bring up Cricinfo page, Glos looking at 1st Innings lead, 37 behind with 4 wickets to fall.

Within eight balls, they're all out for no further score.

What is it with me and Cricinfo? It's like Danny Baker and Teletext :(

Blimey hadn't realised the collapse was that bad !

Both local sides shaping up for defeats in their first game

Sad fact, Glos were the only team to win the toss and not elect to bat from all the opening fixtures

Compton will be Somerset's biggest loss, hopefully Cooper is enough to replace him. Is Alex Barrow really up to replacing Kieswetter? Unless they found someone domestically would it really be worth using your overseas player on and even then who could you get so maybe less option. Personally would have rather seen Somerset get a pace bowler as overseas player instead of Rehman, give Dockrell a real go for a season and get someone quick in Boult maybe before/after the NZ tour.

Looking for good for Gloucs, Essex only 100 or so ahead with 1 wicket left in 2nd Innings. Could this be a promotion season?

No. Glos are far from being a outfit ready for promotion. The middle order is so so ropey.

Tav, Denty and Rodders have formed a decent trio at the top of the order. Need to see more runs from the likes of Marshall, Handscombe and Geraint. That middle order is our weakness so far. 

Yep it's not good at Taunton. Getting rid of Dave Houghton was a massive mistake - the bloke had got the batting much better last year and then we've gone back to being careless again.

Anything but a win in the next fixture and could already be out of it. Worrying times.

• Admin

Somerset blowing a great chance again.

Tres 11 balls faced - 0 runs :facepalm: , we need Gregory and Barrow to hand around as long as possible

EDIT: Barrow gone!

After his T20 form last season, I dread if he plays Friday

Tres 11 balls faced - 0 runs :facepalm: , we need Gregory and Barrow to hand around as long as possible

EDIT: Barrow gone!

After his T20 form last season, I dread if he plays Friday

216 lead. 250 may give them a chance.

Archived