IGNORED

A Big All-Round Pat On The Back

Manon

This time last year, a huge collective sigh of relief was heard as we waded back onto terra firma. The horrendous stormy high seas of the autumn were but a memory, as was the leaky ship struggling to stay afloat through a dark and bitter winter. Many a sailor had raised objection to the Captain's controversial decision to change course in a desperate attempt to find land and save the ship and all aboard, but land he did find - and quickly too. Whether it by good instinct, or by good fortune, his men no longer care. They are safe, he has earned their respect and now the ship is bigger, stronger and far better equipped for the storms that lie ahead.

I like a good 'ol sailing/football analogy, me!

I have to say, with our imminent promotion and league & cup double, I would personally like to thank everyone at BCFC - the owner, the board, the players the fans, and even Bristol Sport (sheesh did I actually just say that?), and anyone else involved who has added to what has been a truly splendid eighteen months, and wholly memorable season. I salute you all.

Hope people don't mind me bumping my own thread, but I do believe I'm drunk on a tues night. Had a feeling earlier it was gonna be special and now it seems even more fitting.

That smile presently on my face will last all summer.

Archived