IGNORED

Relaying The Pitch!

RedM

Well ploughing it up and regrowing it really.

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~532867,00.html

I'm surprised, I know it had to suffer the Elton concert but before that i thought it looked really good. It has been excellent all last season.

With all the cost cutting that is going on at the moment I thought it was an expense that could be saved?

maybe it is a cost that could have been spared. But we don't know how much it's costing. To be honest it may be equally as cheap as doing extensive repairs throughout the season. I don't really know anything about pitches- however- having played in the forum derby the pitch was by then looking a little thin in patches.

For a team that plays it on the ground and who will doubtless encounter teams this season who don't, surely the expense of making sure the playing surface is as good as it can possibly be is well worth it. And I presume its costing less than the club made from the gig ?

I wasn't being negative about the club re-doing the pitch, just surprised. OK i'm not a groundsperson, but it looked really good all season I thought. Praise to the people who maintain it.

I agree it is an asset. I would rather have a decent pitch that encourages good passing, free flowing football than some of the ploughed fields other teams play on. We just got to make sure that if the surface it good and how we like it that we have to take advantage of that and style our game accordingly. The investment must pay for itself.

Archived