IGNORED

Bristol City Promoted To The Championship!

reddogkev

I know this is going to be almost identical to several other threads, but damn, I just love seeing this message scrolling across the screen on Sky Sports News.

Congrats to the gaffer and the players on a tremendous season.  Now to crack the hundred-point mark.

Well done first of all to Bristol City who totally deserve to be where they are. They were by a mile the best team to be at Valley Parade this season and are most likely do some damage in the Championship next season.

Bradford City were totally outclassed in all dimensions and categories you could think of. Play offs my bottom. This match is a warning to all those who think we could survive in the championship as we are and how much we need to improve before we can contemplate going there.

Like x 1 Agree x 1 Winner x 1

Alone and without his nest shall the eagle fly across the sun.

Seasideman, 29 minutes ago #144

Bristol City became the first side in the Football League to win promotion as they booked their place in next season's Championship by beating Bradford 6-0.

The Robins reached 92 points with their 27th league victory of the season at Valley Parade thanks to James Tavernier's brace and further goals from Joe Bryan, Luke Ayling, Aden Flint and Aaron Wilbraham.

Tavernier, who went up as a Rotherham player out of League 1 last year, fired in the opener after his initial effort was blocked before Bryan jumped highest to double Bristol City's advantage.

Archived