IGNORED

Fairplay Table

http://www.football-lineups.com/tourn/League_One_2014-2015/Stats/Discipline/

This site shows the yellow and red cards per team and also the cards issued for the opposition team. Thus when you see that clubs like Sheff U, MK Dongs and Swindle have played at least 6 games against less than eleven players, it makes our season even better because we have only had one opposing player sent off.

So we have beaten full teams, not ones weakened.

That is why we are going up as champions

I have to say along with the you can still promotion/championships by playing the game properly that the fair play league proves, having seen the video at the end of the game I would like to add that the dignity that the players showed at the final whistle, they waited until they had shaken hands with their opponents and the Bradford players had left the pitch before celebrating, this is a special team/squad built on respect and fair play and I would like to thank SC and his staff for instilling this into our team in these times of indefensible dirty tricks and cheating that all to often shames the beautiful game.

Proud.

and now for something I have never experienced in 56 years, a league title, bring it on.

I have to say along with the you can still promotion/championships by playing the game properly that the fair play league proves, having seen the video at the end of the game I would like to add that the dignity that the players showed at the final whistle, they waited until they had shaken hands with their opponents and the Bradford players had left the pitch before celebrating, this is a special team/squad built on respect and fair play and I would like to thank SC and his staff for instilling this into our team in these times of indefensible dirty tricks and cheating that all to often shames the beautiful game.

Proud.

and now for something I have never experienced in 56 years, a league title, bring it on.

Good point and glad you highlighted that as I must admit it passed me by but as you say it speaks volumes about our players, the squad and our ethic.

That reaction is something to be extremely proud of.

Proud.

Frank Fielding got interviewed on the pitch by Radio Bristol and he alluded to the fact that they want to remain humble.

Top top squad of players and management.

Wade Elliott last week in the Swindon programme also said that the players didn't spout off after the Swindon away game because they didn't want it to come across as sour grapes, so they waited until the home game to try and get their revenge, and how sweet that must have tasted :-)

Frank Fielding got interviewed on the pitch by Radio Bristol and he alluded to the fact that they want to remain humble.

Top top squad of players and management.

Also listening on RB and the various videos not one misplaced expletive, which is extraordinary for most footballers.

We can excuse the Flint song expletive, they (Swindle) asked for it.

So proud.

Proud.

Old-fashioned virtues and none the worse for that. A pity to be deprived of the Fair Play Trophy by those dirty cheating Swindon scum, but they couldn't cheat us of promotion or the title.

Old-fashioned virtues and none the worse for that. A pity to be deprived of the Fair Play Trophy by those dirty cheating Swindon scum, but they couldn't cheat us of promotion or the title.

For me and thee Aiz, Saturday will be an historic day the combined wrong end of 112 years of support and the first time we can say "we are the champions".

For the younger fans just remember this and how long it can take to experience it.

One final note on this thread, I think it is also incredibly noteworthy that during this season players like JET, Wagstaff, Cunningham and Osbourne + the loanees Tavernier and Saville have not been vocal about their lack of of opportunities, have not been less than supportive of whoever has played, always joined in with the celebrations and don't appear to have sulked about their lot and have always done their best when called upon, to me another thing to be proud of.

So So proud.

Good point and glad you highlighted that as I must admit it passed me by but as you say it speaks volumes about our players, the squad and our ethic.

That reaction is something to be extremely proud of.

I missed it too as I was too busy climbing over seats, jumping around like a lunatic and hugging anyone that came within about two foot of me- all whilst hoping that I didn't get too emotional and burst into tears..... 

These lads have kept it together all season, been incredibly professional and done it all in a very dignified way. Allowing us to be the ones climbing over seats, jumping around like a lunatics, hugging random strangers and holding back the tears.

I couldn't be more proud of this squad.

One final note on this thread, I think it is also incredibly noteworthy that during this season players like JET, Wagstaff, Cunningham and Osbourne + the loanees Tavernier and Saville have not been vocal about their lack of of opportunities, have not been less than supportive of whoever has played, always joined in with the celebrations and don't appear to have sulked about their lot and have always done their best when called upon, to me another thing to be proud of.

So So proud.

This squad has shown a tremendous spirit; from the regulars, through to those who've had less opportunities, to the loan players, of which there really hasn't been many.

It is one of the things that I think will stand us in good stead next season, I think; we'll be facing a higher standard of opposition, but as long as we retain that togetherness and camaraderie, I can see us getting important points where teams with less unity but maybe more individuality won't. 

Such a brilliant time to be a City fan.

Archived