IGNORED

Last Time We Scored 6 In League? 6 Away In League?

WessexPest

I'm sure this has already been touched upon so 'pologies, but I really haven't had chance to peruse all the threads.

When was the last time we scored six in a league game? And in a league game away from home?

We annihilated Heybridge Swifts 7-0 away in the cup in the 2000s so hence the league question.

Anyone, before I head up the loft and dust off the Rothmans?

I'm sure this has already been touched upon so 'pologies, but I really haven't had chance to peruse all the threads.

When was the last time we scored six in a league game? And in a league game away from home?

We annihilated Heybridge Swifts 7-0 away in the cup in the 2000s so hence the league question.

According Citystats, outside of friendlies the last time we scored 6 away from home was Blackburn R 4- City 6  in October 1955.

Our biggest away win *when we scored 6 before today was 1-6 away to Reading in 1930! 

*edit

swansea away, 5nil or 6 nil in the 89 season? Taylor 2, Turner 2, Newman 1 and Someone else 1 IF I remember rightly, Super Bob started the scoring with a screamer after 25 min or so and we scored again a few seconds later, Drove home from the Vetch slightly over the legal dd limit. will google the game now..

8-2 away at Walsall in 1938, think it's the only time we've ever won by 6 on the road in the league.

I believe it said on the radio our best away result ever in the league was 8-2 back in the thirties.

Yes sorry I meant our largest win when we score 6 goals as that was what the OP was looking for. When i try to search for 7 or 8 goals on citystats it errors. :(

I prefer benny hedgehogs on a day like today!!!!

swansea away, 5nil or 6 nil in the 89 season? Taylor 2, Turner 2, Newman 1 and Someone else 1 IF I remember rightly, Super Bob started the scoring with a screamer after 25 min or so and we scored again a few seconds later, Drove home from the Vetch slightly over the legal dd limit. will google the game now..

Was there that night it was 5. Super Bob and Robbie were unplayable.

Before tonight that was my biggest ever away win for City, fairly sure I've never seen us score 6 away before. Not many at home either. This team and manager are IMO the best since the Cooper teams of the 80's.

I can remember a few sixes, including a 6-3 against Southend where all 9 were at the other end and Shadow Williams and Barrie Meyer scored hat tricks. The only game I've ever seen when two City players scored hat tricks and the only one where a player scored three in his last pro game.

Don't remember us winning 6-0 before, though.

I can remember a few sixes, including a 6-3 against Southend where all 9 were at the other end and Shadow Williams and Barrie Meyer scored hat tricks. The only game I've ever seen when two City players scored hat tricks and the only one where a player scored three in his last pro game.

At home against Gillingham in 2006 but thats the only one since 1969 when we beat both Fulham and Charlton by the same scoreline, still all at home though.

You must be a few years older than me so you may have seen us beat Blackburn 6-0 around 1970, it's the only one I can recall though funny thing someone has mentioned we beat Gillingham 6-0 in the last few years and I don't even recall that!

edit: it was 4-0 just looked it up sure I was there for a 6-0 around that time though, it would have been one of my first games. Whatever, this team are good, very good.

You must be a few years older than me so you may have seen us beat Blackburn 6-0 around 1970, it's the only one I can recall though funny thing someone has mentioned we beat Gillingham 6-0 in the last few years and I don't even recall that!

And I, of all people, certainly would.

[/

shadow Williams now that's a player my dad speaks about. the old man is 83 and his memory is still fantasticquote]

edit: it was 4-0 just looked it up sure I was there for a 6-0 around that time though, it would have been one of my first games. Whatever, this team are good, very good.

The Gills match was at home though. I remember they had a player sent off.

EDIT: Just looked up on Soccerbase it was in 2006. In 1928, we beat them 9-4 in a league game.

I don't think we're their favourite club.  :D

Unfortunately I have close to perfect recall when it comes to us!

I have seen us get beat by 6 at WHU home to Sunderland I also recall Ipswich and some of the recent obvious ones (Wolves, Swansea et al)

I also remember quite a few 5/1/2/3 wins but I am struggling for a league win home or away by 6...since the early 60's

I remember that game as I drove over and somehow parked my car on the "wrong" side of the old Vetch Field..

We survived just..

Archived