IGNORED

Best Goal By A City Player

TETBURY MASSIVE

Guest BCFC_DEANO

Tinmans against swindon 02/03 seaon was quality

Also Murrays against oldham was OK.

Cant definatley say yet though because there are loads i cant remember

The Best goal ive witnessed was Keith Curles (not a prolific goalscorer)

Probably only ever city Goal in was 1985/86 season against Newport County at Ashton Gate.

There have been lots of great goals another was aRob Newman 40 Yarder approx same time..

I still have it on video and it flew so fast into the net Cameraman had job to follow it all you saw was how he struck it then the goalkeeper on floor, ball in net..

I dont like Man u but i did enjoy Van Nistrelrooy"s last night for some reason.....HE HE....

That Bif Newman goal was scored in front of the East End against Newport County.

Couple of my favourite goals are:

Bob Taylor, Promotion season 89/90, night match against Crewe, from about

30-35 yards!!

Also

Jacki against Portsmouth, pure class. :D

Guest Nailsea Rocker

I quite liked Robert's goal against Luton away 03/04

Plus peacocks shot that hit the bar against plymouth would of been a screamer :wub::D

David Seal's header against the gas at twerton, nothing special about the goal itself but it ended years of constant abuse from the gas side of the family
Agostino scored the header in that game, Seal had an easy 1on1 against the keeper, but that header was pretty good.

Anybody remember that Ivan Testi goal, cant remember the game but the goal was outstanding. Ball came in from right(attack towards atyeo), on the volly he chiped it over his shoulder to get in onto his prefered foot and (still on the volly) hit it straight in. I used to have the video footage but CRASH!

Jacki against pompey - quality from the greatest player ever to grace AG (i hate you russell osman)

Gerry Harrisons screamer agaisnt charlton in injury time

I'll have Super Bob's agaisnt crewe as well - and not forgetting scotty against oldham last year - top draw

Bob Taylor, Promotion season 89/90, night match against Crewe, from about

30-35 yards!!

Actually it was John Bailey!

Others would include Rob Turners header (whilst parting two defenders) at Cardiff, and Bob Taylors effort off his goolies at Sealand Road that same season

Others would include Rob Turners header (whilst parting two defenders) at Cardiff, and Bob Taylors effort off his goolies at Sealand Road that same season

As i remember baileys was the away game - a screamer that got further away every time he re-told the story

super bob got hat trick against crewe in the return one of which was a pearler - i think he also got injured that night - the injury that cost us the championship as i always think!!!

Guest bristollionheart
What about Tinmans free kick, i think it was againts Cambridge, someone flciked it up and he just volleyed in at the Atyeo end
Wrong, he controlled it on his knee first :D

Tins goal against Hartlepool was quality.

Tins 40-yard volley against Stoke away in 1999 was quality.

Tins free-kicks in 1993/94 were also quality.

Bell's free-kicks in 1997/98 were quality, and Barnard scored a few free-kicks from 94-97 I think.

Bell's double against Cambridge at home a few years ago, the one where the ball smashed straight into the camera in the top corner of the net was class, goal of the season.

Murray's solo effort against Oldham at home two seasons ago (ran from his own half remember).

Thorpey's class volley against Chesterfield at home a few years ago is one that I personally really admired.

I think Seal scored a few crackers in 1995/96 if I remember rightly.

Walshy scored a few thunderbolt's from his left peg in the 1980's.

But the all-round best has to be the team goal we scored against Notts County in winter 2000, I think we won 4-0 and one of the goals was an awesome team goal that Leapy finished off if I remember rightly, lost count of how many passes we made before the goal, we just kept possession really well for ages and then out of the blue Carey beats two players with the ball and then Tinman suddenly takes it from his feet and runs with it before splitting their defence open with a pin-point left-foot pass to Murray who just knocks it across for Leapy via Thorpey AND Clisty running over the ball as a double dummy that tricked their defenders, if Leapy wasn't their Bell was coming in behind him on the quick counter, and Aaron Brown was near-by too, Leapy placed it first-time into the bottom corner though. Class.

My best was a Nicky Morgan goal during a night game at the gate, I think against Plymouth.

playing towards the east end city broke forward on the left and a ball was whipped in low, curling and fast and Morgan running at full pelt hit it first time (on the volley I think) with his right peg straight into the top corner. From a technique bought of view the best goal I have ever seen at the gate.

I think we went on to win the game 3-1, but need to check the facts as that is just from memory.

No one has mentioned Tinmans against Liverpool?

Guest Mr White

Brian Tinnion's 45 yard lob away at Wycombe with his back to goal, probably more luck than judgement but still a great goal.

CTID

Bobby Gould.........against Coventry in the cup. Can't remember the year. Trapped the ball on his chest with his back to goal, then in one movement he turned and smashed an unstoppable volley into the top right hand corner from just outside the box and all the time had the opposing defender all over him .........sheer class.....

I was at Crewe home and away that year clever bollox.

John Bailey's goal was good but not a patch on Bob's.

Same season away to Swansea, 5-0 rout. Super Bob scores, we all go 'kin mental, whilst still going daft he lashes in another goal, bedlam.

Ahh memories. :D

Archived