IGNORED

James Tavernier

cwmbran red

Yes. Quality and has goals in him. Wigan are going down too so could get him cheaply

Cost them a million mind 12 months ago

Would take 500-600k at least I'd guess

Expensive back up !

Love Mark Little and his energy and aggression bombing forward but I think Tavernier might be better suited to the champ

We shouldn't be buying players for back up. That means they are not as good as the ones in front of them. Always buy better than what you have, it will work out better in the long run and I think Tavs OVERALL will be better than Little in the championship, having said that I want Little to have a fair crack of the whip rather than tossed aside and used when we have to.

He was class last night. Just looks more composed and comfortable with the ball than Little, I understand ML is more direct but you always get that sense he will lose the ball.

Both great players and great competition to have.

I think Tavernier has been a good loan signing but that's as far as I would want it to go. Personally I don't think he is better than Little, or even sufficiently better than Little, to justify what he would cost us.

Who has been keeping him out of the (relegated...) Wigan team anyway?

• Admin

Remember the RWB role is new to him & he hasn't played a great deal for us. Looking at his positioning for the second of his goals in particular last night it seems he is learning the attacking side of it. Still young, worth a go for me. Especially if you consider to get someone definitely better than Little would cost a lot whereas the serious cash needs to be spent up front.

Archived