IGNORED

Freeman Up For L1 Player Of The Season

Touch_my_butter

It might sound bad, but I don't want him to win it... the less clubs alerted to him the best.

Lets face it anyway.. it's going to Ali with the usual press love/w**kathon over him.

Would love to see Freeman and Garner playing in the same team next season.

Note I mean our team!!

I hate Garner, however if he pulled on a City top I am sure I would love him. He's a bit like Cotterill in that respect - other clubs hate him, but as he is one of us we love him.

Deserves to win it - naive to think him winning it would alert other clubs though..

Agree about Ali, the press do love banging on about him.

His goalscoring record for a midfielder is fantastic though.

What's Garner's record like in the championship?

One thing SC has taught us is to largely ignore what has gone on before as he (invariably - admittedly not always) knows if the player is right. For example, what was Wilbraham's record in the 2-3 years before joining us - couple of goals in 50-odd wasn't it? In Cotts we trust.

Personally I think talk of us signing Garner is as ludicrous as talk of signing Harry Kane. For starters I think Preston will come up so him moving on is unlikely; if he does move for whatever reason I expect a bidding war and consequently the transfer fee and wages would rule us out, probably even before the opening bids!

Does anyone else feel Ayling has been slightly overlooked?

Always played well, strong in defence and an excellent footballer going forward.

I voted him my player of the season.

I wouldn't go as far as Player of the Season, but I love Ayling.  He is the sort of defender you very rarely see at this level - composed with the ball at his feet and willing and able to push forward to great effect.

Does anyone else feel Ayling has been slightly overlooked?

Always played well, strong in defence and an excellent footballer going forward.

I voted him my player of the season.

I think Ayling has been superb this season. Wasn't sure about him in the first few games and wasn't convinced he could play in a back three but the way he's adapted and improved has been fantastic. Seems to read the game very well anticipating danger and his attributes compliment those of Flint in particular. 

It'll go to Alli as he's off to the Prem and I'm sure the judges won't be able to see past that.

It should be Freeman. I've voted him as our Player of the Year and 20 assists and 8 goals from midfield is a staggering contribution as the standout player in the best team in the league. He is brilliant.

Maybe their was an element of sympathy in my vote in that i feel he goes under the radar.

One of the most consistant performances over a season that i've seen.

My unsung hero of the season certainly.

Agreed, and he comes across as a real likeable guy in the dressing room as well.

The judges were the managers from each club in the division and its already been done I think.

In which case I would think they'd be looking at who they would want in their team.

The consistency of Freeman with 18 assists and 7 goals surely makes him favourite ?

In that case you might be right. Wasn't sure if it was a Football League panel. No better judge than the managers themselves so whoever wins it deserves it. Let's hope it's our man.

One thing SC has taught us is to largely ignore what has gone on before as he (invariably - admittedly not always) knows if the player is right. For example, what was Wilbraham's record in the 2-3 years before joining us - couple of goals in 50-odd wasn't it? In Cotts we trust.

Personally I think talk of us signing Garner is as ludicrous as talk of signing Harry Kane. For starters I think Preston will come up so him moving on is unlikely; if he does move for whatever reason I expect a bidding war and consequently the transfer fee and wages would rule us out, probably even before the opening bids!

Where was Wilbs playing during the 2-3 years prior to joining us?

Where was Wilbs playing during the 2-3 years prior to joining us?

Who cares?

I would have thought most would take one thing from this season, and indeed SC's appointment - stop looking at the past to determine what a player could be like in the future.

Who cares?

I would have thought most would take one thing from this season, and indeed SC's appointment - stop looking at the past to determine what a player could be like in the future.

I'm interested to know if some players can score freely in league one but maybe not in the champ, hence my questions.

I'm interested to know if some players can score freely in league one but maybe not in the champ, hence my questions.

Yeah, Baldock. As for Garner I don't believe his record is that impressive.

Archived