IGNORED

I Just Hope...

BS4 on Tour...

Well, how exciting is it gonna be?!!

We will wake up (hopefully!), the birds will be singing, the sun will be shining, the 2 million sags will have been on the road hours earlier to get to the football hotbed that is Dover FC (no disrespect to the Dover boyz), the first cup of tea will tickle your tonsils as you gaze wistfully into the distance wondering what it was like 60 years ago to be a City fan who supported a team that actually won a division.

You will pull on your football clobber, go through your footy superstitions, leave your dwelling and head for Ashton Gate.

You will instantly feel a sense of belonging, you will see happy, smiling faces, you will hear excited Bristolian accents discussing the highs and highs of the last eight months, your favorite pre-match tipple will taste ******g awesome, you will nod at strangers, you will laugh at jokes that aren't funny, you will stride towards our temple with a sense of pride, you will acknowledge Cov fans, you may well shake their hands.

You will enter our stadium and you will feel an immense sense of pride and achievement, you will smile and feel brilliant, and you may try to remember when you last felt like that.

Bristol City FC - yep, that's us. That's you and that's me. It is sometimes frustrating and horrible but it can also be so, so, so rewarding and it can instill pride into us and make us feel that we have contributed to something really special.

And you know what? We have a brilliant team to be proud of this season, and they probably couldn't have done it without us. That is you and me.

I know guys n gals who've been to every game this season, they don't shout about it, they just do it. You probably know people like that too.

It has been a superb team effort this season, the players and the fans, and you know what? Neither has let the other down....

I so hope we win the division this Saturday to add to the promotion achievement, I just hope...

Well, how exciting is it gonna be?!!

We will wake up (hopefully!), the birds will be singing, the sun will be shining, the 2 million sags will have been on the road hours earlier to get to the football hotbed that is Dover FC (no disrespect to the Dover boyz), the first cup of tea will tickle your tonsils as you gaze wistfully into the distance wondering what it was like 60 years ago to be a City fan who supported a team that actually won a division.

You will pull on your football clobber, go through your footy superstitions, leave your dwelling and head for Ashton Gate.

You will instantly feel a sense of belonging, you will see happy, smiling faces, you will hear excited Bristolian accents discussing the highs and highs of the last eight months, your favorite pre-match tipple will taste ******g awesome, you will nod at strangers, you will laugh at jokes that aren't funny, you will stride towards our temple with a sense of pride, you will acknowledge Cov fans, you may well shake their hands.

You will enter our stadium and you will feel an immense sense of pride and achievement, you will smile and feel brilliant, and you may try to remember when you last felt like that.

Bristol City FC - yep, that's us. That's you and that's me. It is sometimes frustrating and horrible but it can also be so, so, so rewarding and it can instill pride into us and make us feel that we have contributed to something really special.

And you know what? We have a brilliant team to be proud of this season, and they probably couldn't have done it without us. That is you and me.

I know guys n gals who've been to every game this season, they don't shout about it, they just do it. You probably know people like that too.

It has been a superb team effort this season, the players and the fans, and you know what? Neither has let the other down....

I so hope we win the division this Saturday to add to the promotion achievement, I just hope...

That is ******* brilliant, sent shivers down me spine.

They should put that on the dressing room wall.

Very well done.

Archived