IGNORED

Advantages Of Knowing Early Which League We're In Next Year

Major Isewater

Won't have to stay up as late to watch footy highlights on a Saturday. Or am I right in saying channel 5 is taking over rights for football league so, in which case, God knows what they have planned

Is on Channel 5. A big part of the reason the Football League went with Channel 5 was because of a commitment to put it on in primetime (9PM on Saturday's):

http://gu.com/p/4476k

The beauty of getting promoted early is that we will have more time to get players signed up and to prepare for our attack on the Premier League

Its only an advantage if the right players are signed. Last time we knew this far in advance we ended up with Julian Watts and Carl Hutchins!

I'm hoping SL takes the squad away to Botswana again, some of us wondered about the wisdom of it, but, it galvanised team spirit, gave some very welcome altitude training, and there's no doubt we hit the ground running when the season started. Fitness wise, we looked streets ahead of our opponents in the early games, and we had a great understanding from day one. I hope they do something similar again...

Archived