IGNORED

Ghost Of 1990 - Exorcised

WessexPest

Barring match-fixing chicanery the Double is now in the bag.

1990 has been an albatross around our necks for a quarter of a century; there have been promotions, of course, but never have we been able to answer the jibes from across the city that we have not won a championship.

My responses to reminders of that day at Trumpton have been that at lower league level, championships don't mean an awful lot. Promotion is what counts, and of course we went up too. Then there is what unfolded next - we effectively relegated them in 1993, beating them in 1998 effectively sealed our promotion and the penalty save at a sodden Mem in 2001 was a big factor in their relegation.

Of course, though, I'd be a liar if I said 1990 wasn't a shattering blow. We needed redemption. It took its time, but it's on its way. 

So, Gasheads - one less shot in your locker. You've still got pallid digs about 82ers but given your current precarious situation you might not even have that straw to clutch at much longer.

Is it true that their local pub (the sportsman) has just been announced as their home kit sponsor for next season..?!

Hilarious.

I wonder if they put on sausage and chips after games for the players, like most other pub teams get..?!

Is it true that their local pub (the sportsman) has just been announced as their home kit sponsor for next season..?!

Hilarious.

I wonder if they put on sausage and chips after games for the players, like most other pub teams get..?!

I heard this today aswell, check there official site its confirmed..

There are laughable really arn't they, a local pub being your main shirt sponsor? Jesus christ.

At first I just wanted promotion, then I wanted promotion but as champions, now I'm desperate to be promoted as champions with 101 points!!!

Would love us to get to 3 figures!

Yes, another milestone of a rival we can match - Swindon got to three figures in 1986 (they did it again in 1994, but I think that was goals conceded!)

I heard this today aswell, check there official site its confirmed..

There are laughable really arn't they, a local pub being your main shirt sponsor? Jesus christ.

Tis a decent pub mind......

Very very funny though  :P

Tis a decent pub mind......

Very very funny though :P

Agreed, I like the sportsman. I've played a handful of Sunday games for them over the years as well. Always decent fayre after a game as well, maybe they're looking to change the team names to Sportsman Saturday and Sportsman Sunday?!!!

Hilarious.

Roast potatoes on the bar...happy days.

Archived