IGNORED

The Music During The Lap Of Honour

RedM

Can't see anything else about this so I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the music that went with the lap of honour today. I thought it was just right, a nice mix of celebratory tunes and fitted the mood well. Got to admit I was so proud that I shed a tear or two.

From memory, in no particular order, the 'fanfare' was played and the team came out, lots of dancing around, champagne and holding banners saying they were champions. Lots of press taking photos and interviews. They then gradually walked around the pitch. The played 'we are the champions' by Queen, David Bowie, 'Heros', a bit of Wurzels, and a couple of others, Madness, one step beyond, Wonderwall by Oasis.

Flint went and kissed the billboard picture of himself, Ayling is a bloody good dancer and a fun guy, they all took it in turns to carry Scott Murrays(?) lad around, Wade went over to Oskar, they waved and cheered at the empty South Stand like it was full of people, Ayling was rolling around on the floor, think he also had a dance with Korey...loads more happy stuff.

Enjoy it people, wherever you are in the world. I was privileged to be there and happy to try to share. You are all part of the Bristol City Fans Family.

Edit: Daughter just uploaded video here https://instagram.com/ifucemz

Can't see anything else about this so I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the music that went with the lap of honour today. I thought it was just right, a nice mix of celebratory tunes and fitted the mood well. Got to admit I was so proud that I shed a tear or two.

Tears running down my face too proud moment for any Bristol City fan.

So 'jump around' was a deliberate reference to Thompson, right? Funny if true. Especially with Flinty jumping around to it.

Yes, that was the song I missed. Yes, could be right, a dig at the Swindlers, didn't get that at the time, very funny if intended.

Yes, I stand in the Williams singing section and I kept thinking of that famous promotion photo of John Atyeo with tears in his eyes and arms aloft. He knew what promotion meant to the supporters and was moved by it. I assume he was in the Williams.

It was very emotional thinking that we were celebrating promotion in the footsteps of Bristolians who had done the same many years ago. The impending demolition of the Williams made it even more poignant. It was a privilege to have been there to experience it all. What a great day.

Archived