IGNORED

Any Youngsters Or Fringe Players...

Murraysrightplum

Most young players have to be incredibly dedicated to break into anywhere near the first team.I would!d love to see them get a bit of game time before next season.Give them a massive boost.I also disagree with people who claim it is disrespectful to the opposition. it is rewarding the hard work of our young players.

I know it's good to blood the youngsters but don't you think these players that have won the league deserve to be out there for the last couple of games, I'm sure if I was them I would want to play every minute I could in the next 2 games of a magnificent season .

I know it's good to blood the youngsters but don't you think these players that have won the league deserve to be out there for the last couple of games, I'm sure if I was them I would want to play every minute I could in the next 2 games of a magnificent season .

Completely agree. I mean, if they've deserved it, give the likes of Morrell and Hall 5-10 minutes at chesterfield. But there is no point in playing youngsters on the final day when we should be celebrating and congratulating those players who have got us to where we are! 

The regular squad have had their praise and rewatde and rightly so.When will be a better time for the young UN's?No pressure to win the last two games,which means the crowd will not be all over them if they make a mistake and big crowds and happy fans to give them a cheer.Some of these boys will be moved on and some may not get picked up by another club.After their years of commitment would you begrudge them their ten minutes in the sun?

I would like to see them play at the Gate.Bigger,noisier atmosphere for them.Most supporters have already ce!ebrated at Bradford and against Coventry We will celebrate again after Wallsall.If a first teamer goes off after 80mins then cones back on after the whist!e they will still be at the party.I would like to imagine the pros would be happy to see the young UN's get a chance as they were in the same boat once themselves.

Lets be honest here, our squad is pretty much on the pitch or on the bench. We do not exactly have 11 registered players clicking their heels this season. All of them pretty much have had game time.

The one I actually like to get a game is Richards. Must have splinters in his bum by now.

What are the rules for playing non first team squad youngsters. Do they have to be registered squad members?

I think that perhaps, the bit part players should be playing, as a reward for their dedication to the cause.  Elliot and Jet should start against Walsall, with the displaced, or others coming on accordingly.

Lets be honest here, our squad is pretty much on the pitch or on the bench. We do not exactly have 11 registered players clicking their heels this season. All of them pretty much have had game time.Some of the academy players are registered first team.

The one I actually like to get a game is Ruchards. Must have splinters in his bum by now.

What are the rules for playing non first team squad youngsters. Do they have to be registered squad members?

This squad deserve to see the season out in my opinion. They've been the best City squad in years, one of the best in our history. They've earned all the glory. I'd be very surprised if SC shuffled any of them out to give youngsters a few minutes. 

And I'd be amazed if they weren't seeking to get the maximum number of possible points this season.

I can't see SC changing it either to be honest.

Indeed. No reason to drop any of our players who have dedicated themselves. I'm sure they'd all very much prefer to see the season out too.

If any of our youngsters were good enough, they'd have broken through this season already.

The regular squad have had their praise and rewatde and rightly so.When will be a better time for the young UN's?No pressure to win the last two games,which means the crowd will not be all over them if they make a mistake and big crowds and happy fans to give them a cheer.Some of these boys will be moved on and some may not get picked up by another club.After their years of commitment would you begrudge them their ten minutes in the sun?

There is pressure to win; maintain our good form, respect to the league, respect to our opponents and respect to others, such as Rochdale, who may still have something to play for if we can beat Chesterfield.

There is pressure to win; maintain our good form, respect to the league, respect to our opponents and respect to others, such as Rochdale, who may still have something to play for if we can beat Chesterfield.

AsI said earlier,I don't think it is disrespectful to other teams.Our job is done.We have to put the interests of our players first and other teams can fight their own battles.

AsI said earlier,I don't think it is disrespectful to other teams.Our job is done.We have to put the interests of our players first and other teams can fight their own battles.

The season is 46 games long. That we have achieved our aim already doesn't call time on our job. 22 other teams in the League are fighting on the premise of accumulating as many points after 46 games, just as we were at the start of August.

Just to take a current and relevant example off the top of my head imagine we had the ultimate misfortune and were gas heads - I know, I know that's enough to get me banned, but for the purpose of the point stick with me,'. Gateshead have nothing on the line so what if they put out weakened side on the last game of the season despite our position being in part determined by that result. I think we'd have some choice words.

Archived