IGNORED

Bristol Post

Up The City!

Very amusing thread. So much bile and abuse towards one another because of the position of Brislington and who knows what about the Bristol Post staff

Let's be fair.... You are all a bunch of *****

;)

Well, for what it's worth, I just looked at the Bristol Post online sports page, and the first SEVEN articles are all NLBR. They won their match, but nothing else. We also won. Make from that what you will.........

OK, here's what I make of it....

The articles are listed in the order in which they were posted, with the latest first. The Rovers game kicked off after ours had finished, and two of the articles are HT and FT score updates from their game, which we also had earlier in the day. Their match was hugely more significant in their season than our match was to ours, with automatic promotion at stake, and you would reasonably expect a lot of post-match reaction after such a crucial, pivotal game. Saying "They won their match, but nothing else" doesn't tell the full story and you know it.

You chose to take your "snapshot" after Rovers most important match of the season, whereas we were playing out a game with nothing at stake, and you think that's a fair assessment. Hint - when we had a 16-page pullout for our JPT final, there wasn't 16 pages of Rovers coverage as well.

Had you taken your snapshot after our win at Bradford, I dare say there would have been far more articles about us than them.

In other words, there are completely reasonable and logical reasons why Rovers featured far more last night and it proves nothing other than an embarrassing and pathetic level of paranoia amongst some of our supporters.

• Admin

Well, for what it's worth, I just looked at the Bristol Post online sports page, and the first SEVEN articles are all NLBR.  They won their match, but nothing else.  We also won.  Make from that what you will.........

Are the articles listed in time-posted order? Their game ended several hours after our's. 

As someone who originated from Stockwood and went to Brislington school, easy answers are;

- comparing North and South, Brislington is South Bristol.

-comparing South East and South West Bristol, it is South East.

- is the Post biased ... who cares, as better reading news and reports online without referring to EP.

Finally, and more importantly, we are the Champions ... COYRssssss!

Very amusing thread. So much bile and abuse towards one another because of the position of Brislington and who knows what about the Bristol Post staff

Let's be fair.... You are all a bunch of *****

;)

Coincidence!  I was thinking the same about you.

Brislington is clearly West in Bristol for those of us to the East.

I don't read the Bristol Post which I guess makes me a complete ****, like the editor (or sub-editor) (or sports editor)

Coincidence! I was thinking the same about you.

Brislington is clearly West in Bristol for those of us to the East.

I don't read the Bristol Post which I guess makes me a complete ****, like the editor (or sub-editor) (or sports editor)

:laugh: thank you

I never bought the rag. I did used to work for HTV west. No city supporters of has there wolves brim and notts county in their sports dept when I was there

Don't think we can have many complaints about the 16 page supplement in today's edition of the Post. But then again ...

I also noticed when we played our inconsequential game at Chesterfield last week, while Rovers were playing the most important match of their season, we still had the front page of the Green Un. I guess those who like to claim a bias would prefer to ignore that though.

Some Rovers fans moan about The Post and Radio Bristol being biased towards City, and  some City Fans moan about the reverse. Jose Mourinho moans about bias, as did Alex Ferguson. **** me , even the Eastleigh manager was at it today.

For those who genuinely believe the local media in Bristol is biased one way or the other , have a ******* word with yourselves.

Are you sure about all this, Rich?  I just gave myself a migraine dealing with the Post's horrendous layout and pop-up ads to read their current crop of football news, and its Bristol City first reference then City and occasionally the Robins in all stories about us. Likewise Bristol R*vers, then R*vers and very occasionally the Pirates in theirs.

That's apart from in blogs written by fans or former players of course.

You seem to have missed the part where I said historically and things have changed in recent times. Apart from that, yes I am positively paranoiac. Who do you know that calls us the Robins? In my eyes it's a weak term, referring to a little fluffy bird. Though I hasten to add a tough little git, who is very territorial in reality. That was me putting my tin hat on.

You seem to have missed the part where I said historically and things have changed in recent times. Apart from that, yes I am positively paranoiac. Who do you know that calls us the Robins? In my eyes it's a weak term, referring to a little fluffy bird. Though I hasten to add a tough little git, who is very territorial in reality. That was me putting my tin hat on.

Yep robins are well hard. If they had human-like faces I reckon they'd mostly look like "Eastend Ernie".

Pirates are a mixed bunch, to be fair, although there is the association with illegal dodginess and, of course, the derogatory term arse-pirate.

Some Rovers fans moan about The Post and Radio Bristol being biased towards City, and  some City Fans moan about the reverse. Jose Mourinho moans about bias, as did Alex Ferguson. **** me , even the Eastleigh manager was at it today.

For those who genuinely believe the local media in Bristol is biased one way or the other , have a ******* word with yourselves.

I've had a word with myself, now, **** off you, ******* ******, take your blue tinted glasses off. I don't seem to be able to insert a smiley face here so, <->, best I could do.

Of course, there can be situations where people just claim bias because they are happy with the situation and don't want it to change. Please give me examples of any stories you know of, that have concerned BCFC, which have gone un reported. If you come up with any, I'll mention even more that have not been reported about BRFC. I want it changed to be more pro BCFC because I genuinely believe we have never received the coverage in times past, that even our mediocre level of success has warranted, within the local or national press, yet we've always had our dirty washing hung out to dry by the local media. I do believe that we have had a poor relationship with the press over the years, due in no uncertain terms to the way the club has been promoted, which might have a baring on the reporting. Rag bag Rovers V Money bags City, springs to mind.

Rich, if you think we are talking "historically" then you need to read the original post, and the numerous posts since that also use very recent examples to claim a bias.

My reference the the Green Un front page was in response to an earlier post that used Rovers being on the front cover this season (when we won the title) as an example of bias.

I also see no evidence that Rovers are referred to as "the family club" or "the gas" whereas City are always called "Bristol City", as you also claim.

I've just reviewed an article on each club on the Post website. The first reference is to "Bristol City" and thereafter "City". Likewise "Bristol Rovers" and then "Rovers".

Exactly what you would expect and in no way suggestive of a bias.

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-s-Frank-Fielding-determined-enjoy/story-26425498-detail/story.html

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-stand-strong-earn-right-play-says/story-26424893-detail/story.html

Just a thought... if someone feels there is a bias against their team in a certain media outlet one can always stop buying or reading from it and go someplace else; I would hazard a guess there is no bias in other quarters.

I always like to take my news stories from a broad range of outlets and since I am overseas the best way to do that is on line of course. One media site many of us know of is newsnow.co.uk where you can pick up a certain news story that has been written by several sources. 

Always best to get a broad view regardless of one single source being biased.

Archived