IGNORED

Things The Team Can Still Achieve This Season?

cityexile

Obviously the big targets have been achieved. Last two games could be dead rubbers for us. So...things you would like the team (our team...) to still achieve by the end of the year...from the possible to the frankly very unlikely?

Few from me to get the ball rolling...

- staying unbeaten until the end of the year. Therefore starting the new season already unbeaten on a good run;

- scoring enough to finish the leagues top scorers in all competitions. We are now a couple behind MK and Bouremouth in third place;

- Wilbs to get a couple of hat tricks and finish with the golden boot;

- Fielding to score a penalty so we can say every squad member has scored.

- to be able to see live on camera that great big white thing in front of the Dolman hoisted in to place.

Any more you would wish to add...

Most points we have ever achieved is done, although keeping quiet about '55, when we won thirty and drew ten, but just two for a win back then.

In today's points, the 1955 tally would have been 100.

But that does not consider the fact that in those days with two for a win, sometimes it was better to stick on one point than twist for a win. Only to lose the draw in the last minute!

Anyway, both sides were/are tremendous in their desire to play for each other, scrap for every point and make themselves and all City fans very proud.

The 2014-2015 team has got one over on the old timers because the current team did not lose three on the bounce as the 1955 team did just after New Year.

I'm just as delighted as I was then. We are the champions!

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we go 16 unbeaten at the start of the season and avoiding defeats in our last two will see us go 16 unbeaten at the end of the season?

Think that is right. Another milestone is 2 points mean we ensure we get more points than anyone else in the football league.

Obviously the big targets have been achieved. Last two games could be dead rubbers for us. So...things you would like the team (our team...) to still achieve by the end of the year...from the possible to the frankly very unlikely?

Few from me to get the ball rolling...

- staying unbeaten until the end of the year. Therefore starting the new season already unbeaten on a good run;

- scoring enough to finish the leagues top scorers in all competitions. We are now a couple behind MK and Bouremouth in third place;

- Wilbs to get a couple of hat tricks and finish with the golden boot;

- Fielding to score a penalty so we can say every squad member has scored.

- to be able to see live on camera that great big white thing in front of the Dolman hoisted in to place.

Any more you would wish to add...

Richards might be unhappy if only Fielding is given the opportunity.

Archived