IGNORED

Super Jerry Tocknell

Hopesy38

Used to go on the coach when I was younger, Jerry was always on there

I know his family, all City, but no one is quite as City as Jerry. Sure I saw him a couple of months back, he didn't look any different to how I remember him, but somewhere along the line I lost my 80s heavy metal mullet, so doubt if he would remember me now

Bloke deserves a medal

In the early nineties I used to go away on coaches a bit. I knew Beryl quite well and she would always try to get me on coach 2 as I think I was a little boisterous for coach 1.

Anyway I digress, an away game to Sheff Wed on a Tuesday night I get on coach 2 and Jerry is at the front with I believe his girlfriend. We were late leaving and then just past Temple Meads somebody (I think his girlfriend) was sick over him, he went home and changed, then around Gloucester we had a blow out on the coach meaning another delay. We eventually got to Hillsborough just before half time having missed a Wayne Allison cracker.

Can't remember the final score so we probably lost, I can't claim to know Jerry very well, in fact I can easily recognise him but I don't think he would know me if I was stood in front of him. What I do know is that evening he couldn't apologise enough and kept the spirits up of 50 odd disgruntled City fans. An earlier poster said he was up there with Beryl Fudge as a club legend, I couldn't agree more, Jerry you are the man. Thanks for stewarding me through many away days back in the day.

Always remember Swansea away back in the bubble days and coach 2 that day began in Bristol drove up to glos picked a few up then a load in the FOD before picking us up in Chepstow; when we asked why ... Jerry said he'd arranged it so people could make it to a vantage point rather than drive into Bristol to come back into Wales.... Top gent; got up earlier so we didn't have too....

Archived