IGNORED

30,234 City Fans

Kid in the Riot

30,234 City Fans have watched us on our travels so far this season giving us an average away crowd of 1,374.

With comfortably over 1,500 set to travel to Chesterfield this Saturday, both those figures will obviously rise a little before the season's out.

I was inspired to work this out as I was quite surprised to read that 20,243 NLBR fans have gone away with their 'team' this season averaging an 880 away attendance.

Just had to check we still had the vastly superior support, which we clearly still do to the tune of on average 500+ more fans at every game.

You have to bear in mind as well that 880 is also their highest average away support in years - much higher than when they were in L1 back in 2009 in fact. We have averaged higher than 1,374 I believe in the first two years of the Championship.

#OTIB

#ForeverInOurShadow

30,234 City Fans have watched us on our travels so far this season giving us an average away crowd of 1,374.

Not bad for a club in L1 whose away support is, apparently, "shocking" and "shit".

Rovers away average being higher than when they were in League 1 also proves that a) they only show up when they're doing well on the pitch, fickle bastards...and b) just because you're playing in a higher league that doesn't automatically equate to higher attendances. They might want to remember that when they're making ridiculous predictions about how big their followings would be if they were in our position.

No no no Kid In The Riot

You've got it all wrong

Your figures for the sags away attendances is flawed, they take loads more than that

For a simple explanation of the misleading figures please see the below from their forum

;)

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:01am Bordeaux Gas said:

The problem with the stats is that there is no way of counting how many Gasheads are in the hospitality areas, or home ends, all of whom get counted as home fans. I was in the hospitality area of Nuneaton and there were at least 25 Gasheads (added to the home fans count), not to mention the additional 50 odd who were in the main home stand drowning out the handful of Nuneaton season ticket holders. Again these were classed as home fans.

Same logic applied to Woking on Saturday. There were at least half a dozen Gasheads in the hospitality area, counted in the final stats as home fans.

Agreed. That's why I always put the rider "based on published away support, so excludes Gas who went into non-segregated areas of grounds".

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/2153/away-support#ixzz3Y3sWSJVI

See - simples - their away fans are in fact in home areas and hospitality and not counted :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Interesting stat, thanks.

And in that great season charging to the Championship play off final under GJ we averaged over 1,700 at away games...reckon we can beat that next season?

No reason why not, with the buzz currently surrounding the club.

A lot is at the mercy of scheduling though. If - for instance - Bummingham Titty was on a Tuesday night, we'll take less than if it was a Saturday or Bank Holiday game.

No reason why not, with the buzz currently surrounding the club.

A lot is at the mercy of scheduling though. If - for instance - Bummingham Titty was on a Tuesday night, we'll take less than if it was a Saturday or Bank Holiday game.

Fair point Mr R Robbo.

You know, what still makes me think 'wow' is that in that amazing 'charge to the play off final' season under GJ we took at least 2,700 fans or more away to:

Coventry

Southampton

QPR

Leicester

Sheff Utd

Palace

West Brom

Plymouth

Wolves

And then the season after we took 4,192 to Reading!!

Guys n gals, we certainly turn out in huge numbers for our club.

Long may it continue!

I think we should be giving credit to both clubs, the 880 for Rovers is not a bad total, it's cute. 

I've always wanted to draw Man United, Arsenal or Newcastle in the FA Cup so we can say that week that we took twice as many away as they got at home.

With comfortably over 1,500 set to travel to Chesterfield this Saturday, both those figures will obviously rise a little before the season's out.

I was inspired to work this out as I was quite surprised to read that 20,243 NLBR fans have gone away with their 'team' this season averaging an 880 away attendance.

Just had to check we still had the vastly superior support, which we clearly still do to the tune of on average 500+ more fans at every game.

You have to bear in mind as well that 880 is also their highest average away support in years - much higher than when they were in L1 back in 2009 in fact. We have averaged higher than 1,374 I believe in the first two years of the Championship.

#OTIB

#ForeverInOurShadow

if 30,000 odd have been away this season anyone one else think that this 27,000 seat stadium might be on the the small side????

That official number for PNE was bollocks.

We had more than 3k that afternoon.

Who gives a xxxx. Willy waving and embarrassing. Really no one cares.

Feel like I've stumbled onto "gaswank" we've won the league and there are people whinging about official away attendances, jeez.

This back slapping is all rather cringeworthy. It's been our best season in league one, probably ever. We should be traveling well, and I think in the grand scheme of things the figures quoted above are ok, nothing more. Certainly nothing to be shouted from the roof tops imo.

Who gives a xxxx. Willy waving and embarrassing. Really no one cares.

Feel like I've stumbled onto "gaswank" we've won the league and there are people whinging about official away attendances, jeez.

This back slapping is all rather cringeworthy. It's been our best season in league one, probably ever. We should be traveling well, and I think in the grand scheme of things the figures quoted above are ok, nothing more. Certainly nothing to be shouted from the roof tops imo.

If one can't knock one out and partake in a bit of backslapping this season then when would it be appropriate to do so, out of interest?

If one can't knock one out and partake in a bit of backslapping this season then when would it be appropriate to do so, out of interest?

I'm getting old and one for the JPT, one for promotion and one for the title has knackered me out.

I agree it is a season to rejoice, to marvel at Bcfc. But like I said, although our support has been pretty solid, I don't think it was worthy of particular celebration.

In fact, I'd actually dispute the glorification of your comparison with R*vers' figures.

I think theirs are arguably more impressive, considering they're in the conference. Also, they haven't been top all season like we have been - they had a very slow start and gradually worked their way up. Certainly a margin of roughly 33% does not represent a clear or comprehensive betterment in the circumstances. Not in my book.

I agree it is a season to rejoice, to marvel at Bcfc. But like I said, although our support has been pretty solid, I don't think it was worthy of particular celebration.

In fact, I'd actually dispute the glorification of your comparison with R*vers' figures.

I think theirs are arguably more impressive, considering they're in the conference. Also, they haven't been top all season like we have been - they had a very slow start and gradually worked their way up. Certainly a margin of roughly 33% does not represent a clear or comprehensive betterment in the circumstances. Not in my book.

Going to a lot of new stadiums for the first time boosted their attendances. Lets see if they stay down if they still sustain their numbers if they're still there next season. (Hopefully)

Don't forget they also have a lot of games closer than us, they've been near the top most of the season, plus going to a lot of stadiums for the first time their away attendance is hardly anything to shout home about, as they of course love to do. 

But at the end of the day it doesn't matter, we're either going to be 2 or 3 divisions above them, we've sold more season tickets in the last two months than their record attendance at the minimal. Everything is good in the red side. Shame I can't say the same for the blue.

Yet the last time they were in L1 they had lower figures than they have had this season...of course they weren't in the top six from October onwards the last time they were in L1. Gasheads are no better than us or any other fans in the loyalty stakes and the figures for both clubs prove this. When things are going well on the pitch more fans will travel to away games, it's got nothing to do with the division you play in, it's naive to think otherwise (look at our away numbers in the Championship when we were dogshit under McIness and O'Driscoll...half what we've had this season).

Difference between us and them is that I rarely see City fans w@n king over attendance figures where as hardly a week goes by without Gasheads banging on about theirs either on Facebook, at work or through their boring bloggers in the EP. Fair play to you if you think an average of 800 fans travelling to watch a winning team every other week is impressive, I'm not so easily impressed tbh.

Anyway, I'm constantly told that our fans don't travel to support our team so with that in mind I think a 1300 average is worth a mention.

On average we take over 500 more supporters than them to each away game. I'd say that's pretty decisive.

Agree with others that the fact they've had 20+ new grounds to visit will have boosted their numbers quite significantly.

Also when was the last time they were challenging for a title or even auto promotion? I make it about 15 years.

I don't disagree their numbers are decent just under the circumstances ours are much better!

Archived