IGNORED

Bournemouth.......

Redarmy987

Seen plenty of them on sky, thanks.

Howe was moaning at the weekend about not being given yet another penalty because opposition managers are going to the refs before games now and saying watch out for Callum Wilson, he's a diver, which given the hugely greater number of penalties they've had over the other 3 at the top (Norwich, Boro and Watford) suggests to me they do have a point.

A few years ago Cardiff were awarded 21 in a season when Bothroyd and Chopra were up front, I can see the similarities...

One of their players certainly took a fantastic dive to win a penalty when I watched them live. To be fair though they were brilliant that day.

• Admin

Cheers Ian M, I was under the impression that the championship and L1 were the same regs...I know L1 is SCMP or whatever but I thought the 60% still apllied to both

The difference is the Championship signed up to "a fuller version of" FFP (it does vary slightly from league to league in Europe) whereas L1 & L2's SCMP are "in the spirit of" FFP.

• Admin

We have another thread with people crying about "what football has become", and then another thread casting hate on Bournemouth AFC about to get into the Prem. Classic OTIB.

But the 2 are linked. Bournemouth aren't up there because they've been run well, they're up there due to financial backing from foreign owners.

They're not actually a million miles away from our situation though in having rich owners, it still requires a manager to spend the budget well and make the most of the players brought in.

They're really just another Wigan though as due to current facilities they can't go above 11k attendances.

But the 2 are linked. Bournemouth aren't up there because they've been run well, they're up there due to financial backing from foreign owners.

They're not actually a million miles away from our situation though in having rich owners, it still requires a manager to spend the budget well and make the most of the players brought in.

They're really just another Wigan though as due to current facilities they can't go above 11k attendances.

I believe stand extensions this summer will bring them to a mighty 13K capacity.

Been to watch them a few time recently and I would describe them as a team that seem very big with sound technical ability. Keep the ball very very well and yes, the balls stay on the ground into the box mainly which results in a lot of mistimed challenges with the odd over dramatic fall here and there but I wouldn't say the stood out as a blatantly cheating side. 

If they go up and they still (apparently) want Freeman, we'll most likely get more for him.

So Bournemouth up for me.

Where did you hear this Scrumpy? Apologies if already covered elsewhere, but noticed Howe and a colleague at the Swindon game and did wonder who they may be looking at? 

On the one hand I like to see clubs like Bournemouth do well, and their particular story is nothing short of amazing, even with the financial backing they now have.

On the other hand, it's an awesome away day if scheduled in the warmer months so it'd be a shame to miss out on that opportunity!

Archived