IGNORED

A Season To Remember

Who else will agree that this has been the best season for quite some time? This has been the best in my living memories; now I know I'm not as old as most of you BUT that doesn't mean I won't cherish it;

We've been some painful memories these last few years and in honesty; it started to seem like our club was beginning to be ripped apart infront of us....

As Sean o Driscoll said; " it's going to get worse before it gets better... But it will get better I can promise you that"

He was right .... And it wouldn't surprise me if he knew he wasn't going to be here for the better bit but is sat there smiling right now at it and his old pal cotts who has rejuvenated this club not just a team the entire club a breath of Fresh air to it all.....

We've gone to places where we never win and won this year; the amount of late winners we've scored ... Scoring 107 goals in the process and winning a cup and a league... A team in the 3rd division doing the double is some feat! But what I want to know is what's everyone's favourite memories ???? The one thing I will always tell my grand kids about in the future will be the epic performance away at Bradford on that Tuesday night.... The way my dad goes on about garland and beating Liverpool in 77 and tinnion in 94... Aswell as older players such as hunter etc I will say the same about wilbs and flint one day and smile.....

Up the city !!!?

Favourite memories? There's been a few but I'd say that 3-0 win against Swindon will go down as one of the great Ashton Gate nights of recent years. A huge result under the lights, with the TV cameras, in a high-pressure game, with a special atmosphere - the result that all but sealed promotion.

It may of been opening day of a season that we have impressed in throughout but walking out of Bramall Lane in the sunshine with a grin so wide I looked like a cheshire cat, having won there for the first time in 50 odd years will stay with me for a very long time (especially after our dire performance there last season)- It just gave me this feeling that it could be a very good season.... It may have been the Ale that made me feel like this at the time but it certainly turned out that way!

Bradford also. Obvious choice but what a night was had by all!

It was a delightful season, so maqny records broken too...

1) Points tally

2) Winning first title since 50 years.

3) Winning JPT also

4) Winning at Bradford for the first time in a long while in the League.

5) I believe we didn't win at Sheff Utd for a LONG time before this season, which incidentally was a surefire good sign.

6) Beating Swindle for the first time in a good few years.

7) Great football.

I think my personal highlight was Swindon 3-0 game, sensational atmosphere could cut tension with a knife and that was when I think we all knew 100% it was up as Champions.

Archived