IGNORED

Where Are The "just Back From" Threads?

brad blit

Looked very good without being too stretched  ,  Flint my MoM but a few good performances. As Alex said they hit the bar but didn't really work FF . Agard was pretty good took the goal well and Korey was excellent, Joe Bryan was very good again one brilliant run the likes I've not seen from a City wideman since Mark Gavin. To be fair they were all good except JET who was a little disappointing , nothing really coming off for him, bit unfair maybe, he did try but closely marked and as I say not his day.

As I said on another thread, I enjoyed being told by Chesterfield fans what a good side we are.  

I like JET and he set-up quite a few chances today. But we also saw the side of him where things weren't coming off and he had a real reluctance to shoot for some reason when in some good positions.

He is obviously better with a run of game and would like to see him play again next week.

Good performance and Chesterfield fans were superb and we were equally loud and still cannot believe we didn't sell our allocation.

No question that Flint was mom and have to say that Im not a fan of Agard but he was really good today, pacy and scored a good goal. Everyone had a good game and we see things differently as whilst I thought JET was frustrating at times, he was unplayable on occasions, won headers and linked play well. Chesterfield fans loved him and we should appreciate him more

Just got back to the capital of the west country.

Was a very good display against clearly one of the better sides in this division.

They were up for it and the crowd boisterous early on but we quickly managed to silence them.

We allowed a few too many balls to go over the top I thought and they got in behind us on several occassions and on another day could've been ahead. Fielding once again saved us a couple of times.

But overall we were by far the better team particularly after we went 1-0 up.

Credit to the players for putting on a display worthy of the Champions.

Flint was of course excellent - 12 goals?!?! Roomie Pack with another great ball for him to get on the end of.

Was it just me or did Agard look sharper today? Took his goal well too. Still a couple of poor touches but I must say I really did appreciate his hard work today more than I usually do...

Decent. I watched their no. 2 Darikwa closely and thought he had a really good game. Kept Joe Bryan reasonably quiet, which is no mean feat these days.

Thought their number 2 was reasonable defending but suffered nosebleeds after crossing the half way line.

We showed up and made a good chesterfield look ordinary for large parts. All whilst looking like we could go up a gear.

There was a 10-15 minute period in the second half where chesterfield couldn't get further up the pitch than 20 yards from their goal. It was brilliant as it was watching a good team turn the screw... and that team was Bristol city!!

Great atmosphere, great away support and the lot doing the conga behind the goal made me smile. Plenty of Wallies in evidence too. Home fans very complimentary. One said we were the best side he'd seen this season. I thought JET worked hard and won quite a lot in the air. But over played in their penalty area and could have got a in few shots. Agard had his best game IMO. Flint was outstanding, the whole team played like league champions and apart from the good effort near the end that rattled the bar, Chesterfield didn't really trouble us. Home fans chatting behind me on the way out were saying we completely controlled the game and they hardly had any chances. I suppose it's obvious, but we really are a very good team.

Pretty much agree with the majority of what's been said already so no point in repeating it. They started well but after the goal we were pretty dominant. Support was first class, nice ground and the pies were excellent quality. They are a good side but they do look a little bit short up front. I know that I for one will be willing them on in the playoffs!

Just back!    Stayed in a pub in Derby twixt trains to monitor the gappers progress....7-o and you ****** it up! :gasmask:  :facepalm:  :clap:

Back to City, we gave them a good footballing lesson, they may be sixth but we are leagues apart in skill, mental toughness etc.

At the end of the game I just said to my mate, "And THAT'S how you do that!"

Archived