IGNORED

Blimey - Such Praise!

Nuno Gomes

We were fantastic, there was a true party atmosphere and their fans were up there with Preston's in terms of friendliness and generosity to us. And to top it off the Derby Tup was a quality old school pub with City and Chesterfield mixing happily. Preston and Chesterfield to go up please!

We were fantastic, there was a true party atmosphere and their fans were up there with Preston's in terms of friendliness and generosity to us. And to top it off the Derby Tup was a quality old school pub with City and Chesterfield mixing happily. Preston and Chesterfield to go up please!

The comments are gratefully received and I acknowledge how hard it is for any passionate football fan, to admit openly and especially in writing, that one's team has come off second best to another eleven.

It reassures me that the great majority of tru supporters are willing to offer praise to the opposition and also that managers can send their teams out to play hard, try hard but without the malice and deceit that too many clubs now operate like.

Best wishes foir the play offs to the Spirerites.

We have been absolute quality all season, played positive football, and had an outstanding disciplinary record. I think that most supporters have recognised our qualities and respected us as worthy champions.

The thing is that we have been watching it all season so can't really rate our team whereas other supporters can. The comments from the Spireites were very nice to read and confirm that we have a damn good side!

Good luck to them in the play offs.

Archived