IGNORED

Standing At The Back Of The South Stand

QA22

Hi all - anyone know for a fact if this will be allowed next season?

With the jobsworth stewards we have in AG I'm not sure - but I brought my season ticket next season in the back row of S19 for a reason, so I could stand.

Hope it will be aloud - and what about the atmosphere in there next season?

Anyone from the Williams moving over there like I am - a proper good atmosphere in a new stand would be fun!

With the jobsworth stewards we have in AG I'm not sure - but I brought my season ticket next season in the back row of S19 for a reason, so I could stand.

Anyone from the Williams moving over there like I am - a proper good atmosphere in a new stand would be fun!

The club quite clearly said, that you won't be allowed to stand in any other stand than the Ateyo. It's not like this hasn't been highlighted, it's been said multiple times.

People moving all over the place but I imagine the South Stand will be the 3rd out if 3 places to be for atmosphere...

Also in my experience some of the stewards are excellent, a minority let them down. However, I have heard from the club there will be "zero tolerance" to standing anywhere other than the Atyeo, rightly or wrongly.

For me it's safer to stand. I don't get why there's a "safe" in safestanding. I think I have circulation issues though so medically speaking I'm glad I'm in the Atyeo next season.

Is it or is it not a human rights issue if someone is more comfortable standing?

Personally I think someone should take it to ECoHR whilst we're still in the EU

For me it's safer to stand. I don't get why there's a "safe" in safestanding. I think I have circulation issues though so medically speaking I'm glad I'm in the Atyeo next season.

Is it or is it not a human rights issue if someone is more comfortable standing?

Why don't you do it then?

Not convinced the original post was anything other than some obscure wind up to be honest.  For one, as cityareredandwhite pointed out, it was well publicised.....and secondly, no season tickets were sold for S19 as the club are unsure as to a possible restricted view caused by the Williams rebuild (as I found out when I realised that this was originally the block I wanted!).  Though I must admit if I'm right and it is a wind up, then I really have missed the point somewhat... :blink:

Dvt. get up and tell them they are putting your health at risk as you have poor circulation.

They cannot do anything about it. This will make a mokery of the sitting only rule. I am surprised it has not been challenged in court yet.

the ECoHR is not an EU institution.....leaving the EU, on its own, would not remove us from it's sphere of influence.

Dvt. get up and tell them they are putting your health at risk as you have poor circulation.

They cannot do anything about it. This will make a mokery of the sitting only rule. I am surprised it has not been challenged in court yet.

Only.....they're not....  As it's very well known far in advance of him buying a ticket that there is no standing, the only person putting their health at risk is themselves by choosing to purchase entry to an event that they know they will not be allowed to stand at.  

Only.....they're not.... As it's very well known far in advance of him buying a ticket that there is no standing, the only person putting their health at risk is themselves by choosing to purchase entry to an event that they know they will not be allowed to stand at.

Really? So why the recommendation to get up and walk in a plane. Same rule applies... You know you will be Sat down in a plane in advance

Do you mean the small kid sat behind you who won't be able to see a thing has to take you to court because you didn't buy your ticket in an area where you were given that option, namely the Atyeo.

If I have a wheel chair do I have a right to place that in the back row of the Dolman?

Do you mean the small kid sat behind you who won't be able to see a thing has to take you to court because you didn't buy your ticket in an area where you were given that option, namely the Atyeo.

If I have a wheel chair do I have a right to place that in the back row of the Dolman?

If you get it up there then yes, and fair play to you

Up to you where you sit what you do,Where you go. I was just stating that I do not think legally you can be made to sit down.

Up to you where you sit. Nowt to do with me.

Up to you where you sit what you do,Where you go. I was just stating that I do not think legally you can be made to sit down.

Excellent. In that case I will opt for standing in a wheel chair on the subs bench.

Saying that, I am still not sure where that will be next season. Will nobody think of the fans? Bloody farce.

Excellent. In that case I will opt for standing in a wheel chair on the subs bench.

Saying that, I am still not sure where that will be next season. Will nobody think of the fans? Bloody farce.

Good good. You'll be easy to spot :)

Really? So why the recommendation to get up and walk in a plane. Same rule applies... You know you will be Sat down in a plane in advance

It's inly a legal requirement to sit down on a plane whilst the captain has the seatbelt signs on.

You can be (a)loud but you will not be allowed to stand in S19.

Get the club to move you to the Atyeo?

The atmosphere will be fine in the New Stand providing the team performs well and also if matches are entertaining and competitive.

No, possibly not (or maybe they can I'm not overly sure where the law falls on legislation following the Taylor report), but they have made it a condition of entry onto private land, and if you refuse to adhere to that condition then the club are fully entitled to remove you from said land. 

So legally able to make people sit or not, you cannot grumble if you are removed for persistent standing.

Surely a wind up! or QA22 has just been released from Horfield where he had no access to this site or BCFC site.

Hopefully not. People have to realise that people don't necessarily want to be forced to stand (by those persistently standing in front of them) in order to see the game from the seat they've paid for.

I enjoy a brief spell of standing when something particularly exciting is happening but if people in front of me were standing for the majority of the game it'd get very old very fast.

Nothing against those who want to stand (and I'm all in favour of designated safe standing areas for those who do) but you have to expect persistent standing violations to be enforced in any all-seated area.

EDIT - missed the fact that you said the very back row. But the rest is still valid ;)

You can be (a)loud but you will not be allowed to stand in S19.

Get the club to move you to the Atyeo?

The atmosphere will be fine in the New Stand providing the team performs well and also if matches are entertaining and competitive.

Would the club be able to move me to the Atyeo?

I thought now they're sold up I won't be able to.

Archived