IGNORED

692 Seats - Next Season

Tomo

What an aggressive div you are

We've just had our best season in living memory. That'll do more for season ticket sales than a stadium.

If you care to read the post it's numbers of season tickets not attendances which I said throughout I would expect to increase.

Aggressive perhaps, but I can't help but agree that you do seem to be a rather negative, glass half empty kind of guy.

when was the last time we started a season with 12,500+ season ticket holders let alone before the previous one has even finished?

I have a few friends who have bought season tickets for the first time ever, not only because of how good the football is but also because of the redevelopment.

If next season, we are at least in touch with the play offs throughout, we will have a 16,500 sell out every week!

Then when the magnificent new Williams is built after what I think will be another successful season (albeit not promoted) we will easily be around the 20k mark.

But once we're in the Premier League, we will all moaning that we need a bigger stadium ;)

You would say start it this year - bloody typical year 1 season ticket holders. Don't know you're bloody born. Where's my loyalty for going to Crewe away last year eh? Your lot only turn up when we get to go to the nice grounds.

I'm trying to show how silly this is.

Personally I'd have priority for season tickets but that's it. I think it was Dolly who missed Swindon away last year was it? - to her credit I don't remember much moaning. I might be a beneficiary of a loyalty scheme but to be honest I have no right for tickets any more than a day tripper. We pay our money we watch the game. When demand outstrips supply it's a lottery in almost every single situation but for sporting events it's not..? We all expect too much.

to be fair, would you moan about an excuse not to go to Swindon?

Aggressive perhaps, but I can't help but agree that you do seem to be a rather negative, glass half empty kind of guy.

when was the last time we started a season with 12,500+ season ticket holders let alone before the previous one has even finished?

I have a few friends who have bought season tickets for the first time ever, not only because of how good the football is but also because of the redevelopment.

If next season, we are at least in touch with the play offs throughout, we will have a 16,500 sell out every week!

Then when the magnificent new Williams is built after what I think will be another successful season (albeit not promoted) we will easily be around the 20k mark.

But once we're in the Premier League, we will all moaning that we need a bigger stadium ;)

I accept that we've sold 12,500 before this season is officially over but I've explained why I think this season we were a few weeks ahead where we would ordinarily be - we were promoted early, always on course for it and on course for the championship. Those who would ordinarily dither for a season ticket bought sooner. I don't think but for the cap we would sell much over 12,500 and explained my logic.

You should also note I agree I think we will sell out most games next year, I also agree following development 20k won't be a rare occurrence; I just don't think the extra 7.5k will necessarily be significantly composed of season ticket holders but for if we have a successful season.

If I'm a half-glass full negative type because I think the increase in attendance will disproportionately come from POTD as opposed to season tickets you all must be bloody euphoric all the time.

Just had a look online and there are less than 600 tickets showing available for the Dolman. These are mostly at the front of the old lower Dolman, other than a cluster in the back corner of E34 (old block A) and individual seats dotted around elsewhere in the old upper Dolman.

This means that about 100 tickets have been sold since the initial post by Tomo in this thread just after 9AM this morning.

Surprised that A Block of Dolman (E34) has not proved more popular in view that away fans will be directly to their right hand side for some "good old goating".

The view in the top left of Block A (looking at it from Williams) will not be as restrictive as it was in view that we pushing the Dolman framework over a little to support the roof extention - I may be wrong but that's how I read it...

This season for most, not all, home games the away section has been far from taken up - resulting in the club releasing Atyeo Block D tickets by phone, so been able to get tickets fairly easily... but next season there will I'd guess only be a few teams who don't sell their 1250 allocation... so it will be much harder for non-season ticket holders to see games.

About 14 championship teams this season have averaged less than our available away allocation.

Archived