IGNORED

Ian Cottle Wheelchair Area

Dave

Sunday, will be a day of mixed emotions for me, while it will be fantastic to see City lift the trophy as League 1 Champions, it will also be the last time I will use this area, which is named in honour of my brother Ian.

Bristol City deserve a great deal of credit from the success of this area, which was installed in response to Ian and my concerns raised over sight lines for some of its wheelchair using supporters. This has provided these supporters with an elevated viewing option that has enhanced our matchday experience.

This area has proved popular, which makes me proud of both my brother, and our Football Club.

So a touch of sadness, but looking forward to sitting in my wheelchair in our redeveloped stadium, with its new Ian Cottle Wheelchair Area.

Well done and Thank You Bristol City.

David Cottle

Sunday, will be a day of mixed emotions for me, while it will be fantastic to see City lift the trophy as League 1 Champions, it will also be the last time I will use this area, which is named in honour of my brother Ian.

Bristol City deserve a great deal of credit from the success of this area, which was installed in response to Ian and my concerns raised over sight lines for some of its wheelchair using supporters. This has provided these supporters with an elevated viewing option that has enhanced our matchday experience.

This area has proved popular, which makes me proud of both my brother, and our Football Club.

So a touch of sadness, but looking forward to sitting in my wheelchair in our redeveloped stadium, with its new Ian Cottle Wheelchair Area.

Well done and Thank You Bristol City.

David Cottle

I actually have to keep reminding myself about the Williams coming down soon, same as I have to keep reminding myself about the end of the season :(

When I had the Supporter of the Year shield back recently, I thought of you and Ian as your names were on it.

Hope you're keeping ok and Sunday won't be too hard.

Thanks Dolly, I am fine and I know Ian would have been pleased with the result of our efforts.

It has given me great comfort sitting in an area bearing his name, which offers the best view at Ashton Gate since I required a wheelchair, and this season I have even joined in on the odd song.

Ian cared about Bristol City, and on Sunday I will make sure I enjoy the moment for us both.

Archived