IGNORED

Is There Any Chance...

Ben4BCFC

We've got one game left of this fantastic double-winning season, and people still want to find faults in players that "aren't good enough" or that we apparently "need to replace" on thread to thread. I know OTIB is filled with people who love a moan, and people are bored without a good whinge, but is there any chance we can have a detox of this on OTIB for just one week?

Look at what we've achieved this season:

Won the league for the first time in 60 years.

Done the first double this club has ever done and only the second lower-league double of all time.

Longest run of matches unbeaten from the start of the season (16 - even though Chelsea were unbeaten for a longer length of time, we played more league games).

First team in the country over 70/80/90 points.

First team in the country to be promoted.

First team in the country to win the league.

First team in the country to win two pieces of silverware.

We've had a thoroughly enjoyable Wembley trip (for once!)

We've been recognised nationally and internationally.

We've made an original song go pretty viral.

We've got a GD of nearly +60.

We've got the highest scoring defender in English football.

We've lost just 7 games ALL season (we "achieved" that by November last season) - one of which against a Premier League side.

We've turned Ashton Gate back into a fortress in which we've nearly sold out of season tickets.

And many many more I've probably forgotten.

This has been the best season in a very long time and for myself and many others, the best we've ever experienced. And we've done all of this on a paper-thin squad of players - 18 available for much of it, and 18 we use. Let's be honest, we've taken this season by the horns and won both titles at a canter. If these players weren't good enough, we wouldn't have done it.

Let's just revel in this thoroughly enjoyable season. It's not gonna come around again anytime soon, let's be honest.

Party atmosphere this weekend, enjoy the open top bus tour, and give these players and staff the credit they deserve. Every single one of them has played a part and who knows, had the squad been any different, we may not have done it. But we have.

Jesus Christ cheer up and get a cider down you.

You'll have all summer to moan about the slow transfer days.

Regardless of our achievements and performances, recognising areas for potential improvement and identifying players that may not be good enough for a higher level are natural topics for conversation. It's not "moaning" or "whinging" to do that. Such topics are the meat and drink of a football forum. Real Madrid are European Champions but I dare say their forum(s) are not just an exercise in back-slapping and self-congratulation on how brilliant they are.

The club and the team should always be looking to improve and this forum should reflect that. It's too simplistic just call everything a moan.

And you'll struggle to find a single person on here who doesn't agree we've had a fantastic season.

Done the first double this club has ever done and only the second lower-league double of all time.

Longest run of matches unbeaten from the start of the season (16 - even though Chelsea were unbeaten for a longer length of time, we played more league games).

We've lost just 7 games ALL season (we "achieved" that by November last season) - one of which against a Premier League side.

We've turned Ashton Gate back into a fortress in which we've nearly sold out of season tickets.

We've got one game left of this fantastic double-winning season, and people still want to find faults in players that "aren't good enough" or that we apparently "need to replace" on thread to thread. I know OTIB is filled with people who love a moan, and people are bored without a good whinge, but is there any chance we can have a detox of this on OTIB for just one week?

This has been the best season in a very long time and for myself and many others, the best we've ever experienced. And we've done all of this on a paper-thin squad of players - 18 available for much of it, and 18 we use. Let's be honest, we've taken this season by the horns and won both titles at a canter. If these players weren't good enough, we wouldn't have done it.

Let's just revel in this thoroughly enjoyable season. It's not gonna come around again anytime soon, let's be honest.

Party atmosphere this weekend, enjoy the open top bus tour, and give these players and staff the credit they deserve. Every single one of them has played a part and who knows, had the squad been any different, we may not have done it. But we have.

no

Excellent,excellent. And by the way, we have started on the transformation of our spiritual home of Ashton Gate into a place fit for the future.

I asked someone if that was Ayling.

Flint said no, no, no.

:whistle:

Pointing out the weaker links helps you move forward. If you stand still in any industry you'll go backwards.

The team is more important than any individual in it. Everybody in our team is pulling in the same direction, this is our greatest strength. Anybody coming in to replace somebody in this team will have to buy into the ethos of the club or it will be a step backwards.

Archived