IGNORED

Gloucester Road Sunday.

Redmycolour

Was going to post about the decision by the police to refuse the Sag's request to move their game to Monday. Possibly one of the most idiotic they've ever made. It's as if they want to see trouble. Why they didn't tell the Sag's to play at exactly the same time as our parade is beyond me. Minimises the risk of trouble. Instead they'll be dealing with pissed fans of both clubs probably in town at the same time.

I think you're friend may have misinterpreted what was said. While it would be no surprise that police would visit local businesses to make them aware of a potential disorder, a police officer would not- or at least should not- be telling people to 'expect' trouble

Old Bill clearly have no faith in Rovers ability to finish off teams at the Mem on St Daniels Day Miah.

Was going to post about the decision by the police to refuse the Sag's request to move their game to Monday. Possibly one of the most idiotic they've ever made. It's as if they want to see trouble. Why they didn't tell the Sag's to play at exactly the same time as our parade is beyond me. Minimises the risk of trouble. Instead they'll be dealing with pissed fans of both clubs probably in town at the same time.

Rovers never made any such request, the game was moved to the Monday , and then once City announced their bus tour, it was moved back to the Sunday.

bus-wankers-o.gif

Rovers never made any such request, the game was moved to the Monday , and then once City announced their bus tour, it was moved back to the Sunday.

bus-wankers-o.gif

It worked out well because I expect your lot probably want to come and watch the bus tour mate, bring back memories from decades ago of a blonde haired skeleton screaming down a megaphone.

You're ALL going to die !

Just realised that 30% of this forum have no idea what we're talking about.  So many good quotes from that film, I like to think Cotts is like Chard.

Lieutenant John Chard: Mr. Bourne, there should be 12 more men working on this redoubt. 

Color Sgt. Bourne: They're very tired, sir. 

[Chard whirls around]

Lieutenant John Chard: I don't give a damn! And I want this wall nine feet high, firing steps on the inside. Form details to clear away the Zulu bodies, rebuild the south rampart, keep 'em moving! Do you understand? 

Color Sgt. Bourne: Yes sir... very good, sir.

Just swap Zulu's for Swindon

bus-wankers-o.gif

Was the bus tour date decided before Rovers new they were playing in the play offs? I think so..

Just realised that 30% of this forum have no idea what we're talking about.  So many good quotes from that film, I like to think Cotts is like Chard.

Lieutenant John Chard: Mr. Bourne, there should be 12 more men working on this redoubt. 

Color Sgt. Bourne: They're very tired, sir. 

[Chard whirls around]

Lieutenant John Chard: I don't give a damn! And I want this wall nine feet high, firing steps on the inside. Form details to clear away the Zulu bodies, rebuild the south rampart, keep 'em moving! Do you understand? 

Color Sgt. Bourne: Yes sir... very good, sir.

Just swap Zulu's for Swindon

Say sir, Pack.......officer on parade!

or to Matt Smith, when he first arrived...... You're a big manbut you're in bad shape

Well get up on that hill and sing out if you see anything. You too. And take your bandook, you dozy welshman!

It's a great film, but unfortunately, like so much Hollywood fodder, it gets a lot wrong.

For a start, the 24th Foot weren't "The South Wales Borderers" at the time of Rorke's Drift, they were The Warwickshire Regiment - and the majority of the soldiers who fought there were English. 

Went down Gloucester Rd today to see a friend who works in a shop near the mem.he said they've had a warning from police to expect damage to property on Sunday. I wonder why.

Police have advised FGR fans not to drink on the Gloucester Road or in the city centre before or after the match - do they not know that Rovers fans never show in the city centre? ;)

Archived