IGNORED

Breathalysers To Get Into Ag?

CotswoldRed

Not really into lager so not sure what they sell.  I don't think they sell Strongbow though do they?  Certainly sell Thatchers.

I would hope they will sell Thatchers, natch etc but Heineken's main cider brands they push around the uk are Bulmers and Strongbow.

They launched a new cider brand last year but i have no idea what it is like.

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Drinks/Beer/Heineken-launches-Old-Mout-Cider-and-Heineken-Extra-Cold

The thing here in my eyes that there is two differences, people who enjoy a few social drinks before a game and something I encountered last week at Chesterfield being absolutely paralytic. It's the latter that becomes an issue within football stadiums however I have no idea how you police it, taking a breathalyser to football grounds turnstiles is like trying to break a peanut with a sledgehammer.

I have found the legislation but to me it's clear as mud.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/57

What alcohol limit are they enforcing? Surely not the same level as someone needs to drive, for example. If it's at 5 pints or so....... Nah. It's a bollox idea

I agree, it will boost the in house alcohol sales hugely. More money for the club.

Not much use if you want to drink in a pub like you might have done for many years. Are we saying it's OK to be over the limit if it's alcohol sold by the club?

Not much use if you want to drink in a pub like you might have done for many years. Are we saying it's OK to be over the limit if it's alcohol sold by the club?

I'm still uncertain about this as well. What is the definition of drunk? Is that intoxicated or so smashed you struggle to converse in a normal manner.

Aussie.

I was joking . Read yours then mine .

I will point out though that if a member of security is going to breathalyze someone,  then it's already been decided that that customer is leaving the premises regardless of the result.

Looks like it if the breathalysers are on the turnstiles.

To be fair in some ways it might help.

My cousin is a West Ham fan and few years ago wasn't allowed in to Bramall Lane because "he'd had too many" when in fact he'd had 2 pints.

They wouldn't let him in and in the end he got an apology and free tickets from West Ham but he still had to sit outside in Sheffield.

If there had been Breathalizers then he'd have been able to show he hadn't had too many??

Archived