IGNORED

Players We May See For The Last Time Against Walsall?

cityexile

At least playing for us.

It has been a great season. Last game always gets me thinking, who might we be seeing for the last time? JET, although rumours he has signed an extension? Not through choice, but Freeman or Bryan if somebody with deep pockets has been sniffing?

Your top three from this fantastic squad that we may not see come August?

Hopefully most of them....

No disrespect to clubs like Walsall but its taken us ages to get away from 'em, hopefully we are on our way to longterm better things now...

I'd be happy to see any of our lot for the last time tomorrow playing against Walsall...

Wanna see most of 'em playing for us against QPR, Birmingham, Cardiff, Leeds, Forest etc etc.. though :)

Hopefully all of them....

No disrespect to clubs like Walsall but its taken us ages to get away from 'em, hopefully we are on our way to longterm better things now... So I'd be happy to see any of our lot for the last time tomorrow playing against Walsall... Wanna see most of em against QPR, Birmingham, Cardiff, Leeds, Forest etc etc..

I see what you did there...

Joe Bryan may be tempted to the Premier League, but more likely to be January after he's proven himself at Championship level - which he will do with knobs on.

I can't see any of the other main first teamers leaving unless their contract isn't renewed tbh.

Can't see it to be honest. I don't want to be naive as I know the pull of playing in the premier league (and a premier league salary) is hard to turn down but I feel like Joe Bryan, of all people, probably couldn't be happier here at the moment.

Yes, he's probably ambitious but equally he's progressing his career with us in that we've just got promotion so he has an opportunity to test himself at a higher level with us. There's no need for him to leave to progress his career at the moment (unlike someone like Skuse who had to leave because we were relegated). Bryan also comes across as a bit of a home boy too. As far as I'm aware he still lives at the family home so maybe that's where he'd prefer to be at the moment?

Seriously worried about freeman, the guy is quality, people talk about the engine room...this guy is the instigator of soooo many attacking moves wouldnt want to see him leave.....then we have have have Flint, an insperation this season, solid and wise in defence and fantastic at free kick moves and corners....Ayling....please stay with the above mentioned we love you all cos without you guys we are a first division side....x  then we have joe, fantastic, intelligent and quick wing back ( thats four ) ..............brizzle lad..............stay in bizzle ....Actually please god lets keep the whole squad....pretty please

I think we'll be saying goodbye to a couple of players to be honest:

Osborne - hasn't really featured all season, I'd be surprised if he does stay

El-Abd - I expect he'll sign with Bury, unless he's done so already as when we were promoted he put (congrats to Bristol on promotion).

Elliott - he would of been given another year's stay at the same time as Wilbs.

Waggy - As much as I love the guy, I think he'll be saying goodbye.

Richards - hasn't played one friendly/cup/league game all season, he'll go as he isn't ready for Championship play.

Reid - I reckon he'll go to Plymouth if they get promoted, if not he'll stay with us.

Cunningham - He'll go, can't remember when he last came on.

Burns - Undecided, just a gut feeling he'll go.

A long list but with a few faces to bring in, a few will have to go.

El-Abd - I expect he'll sign with Bury, unless he's done so already as when we were promoted he put (congrats to Bristol on promotion).

Richards - hasn't played one friendly/cup/league game all season, he'll go as he isn't ready for Championship play.

Reid - I reckon he'll go to Plymouth if they get promoted, if not he'll stay with us.

A long list but with a few faces to bring in, a few will have to go.

????

Last week against Chesterfield and has scored 3 times this season.

A long list but with a few faces to bring in a few will have to go.

Think Greg will stay, proven he can do it in the championship, whereas although we all expect Bryan to tear it up again, he may not. Or Bryan may leave.

It was the Bristol sport xmas one (was scheduled to take place at time of winning!) Have been given a substitute of x2 tickets for the egg chasers end of season award dinner instead now. Wouldn't class a gas ST as a "prize", more a form of torture

Seriously worried about freeman, the guy is quality, people talk about the engine room...this guy is the instigator of soooo many attacking moves wouldnt want to see him leave.....then we have have have Flint, an insperation this season, solid and wise in defence and fantastic at free kick moves and corners....Ayling....please stay with the above mentioned we love you all cos without you guys we are a first division side....x then we have joe, fantastic, intelligent and quick wing back ( thats four ) ..............brizzle lad..............stay in bizzle ....Actually please god lets keep the whole squad....pretty please

His one downfall MAYBE his final ball, slightly exposed in a couple games, this will come though, I think the player we are most likely to see interest in maybe Ayling, it's rare that a defender can pass, defend and easily beat various players in taking the ball forward, far from the finished article yet, but he oozes rare qualities, all considering he wasn't playing in his natural preferred position either, great attitude too.

I don't really see this squad pulled apart for brights light or enlarges short term pay contracts, this squad has something special, dare I say it not something I've seen in over 30years of supporting this club.

Archived