IGNORED

Netflix

EmersonsKev

I have it.Not really one for watching telly,but have to admit it is excellent value at about six quid a month. Plenty of film's and TV series on there.First month is free anyway so sign up for a trial.If you don't like it cancel it but if watch quite a bit on the box anyway I reckon you will love it.(P.S.I don't work for them!).

Care to explain how one can fiddle with the router, Nibor?

Basically you have to change the DNS server addresses in your router settings.  Find a "netflix dns proxy" service (google, read a few reviews) and follow the instructions.

Alternatively, look at a browser plugin called Hola.  There are others too.

The way these things work is they route your traffic via a server in the US, so that netflix thinks you are in the country.  

When you log in, it will assume you're on holiday in the US and show you US content.

Basically you have to change the DNS server addresses in your router settings.  Find a "netflix dns proxy" service (google, read a few reviews) and follow the instructions.

The way these things work is they route your traffic via a server in the US, so that netflix thinks you are in the country.  

When you log in, it will assume you're on holiday in the US and show you US content.

Wonderful, thanks Nibor, I'll check that out

I have tried Hola, but don't find it particularly stable.  Have bitten the bullet and use a paid VPN service, specifically TunnelBear.

Works very well with Netflix and, based out here, opens up both the US and UK services.

And, re the OP, Netflix seems well worth the $7.99/month or whatever it is I pay.

I have tried Hola, but don't find it particularly stable. Have bitten the bullet and use a paid VPN service, specifically TunnelBear.

Works very well with Netflix and, based out here, opens up both the US and UK services.

And, re the OP, Netflix seems well worth the $7.99/month or whatever it is I pay.

Any apps for your phone to do this?

Anyone got it, had it? Contemplating signing up but uncertain if I should.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

best 5 or 6 quid a month I've ever spent,

much better then sky, good range of programmes, no adverts, everything will be on it at some point or other,

Well worth the money highly recommended,

Archived