IGNORED

Adam El-Abd

GrahamC

Remember him?

Won automatic promotion with Bury today.

Fair play to him, he could have spent the season in the Williams picking up his wages for nothing but wanted to go and play football instead.

At the time seemed a Wilbs, Wade type signing. Experienced pro, rated at a higher level. Never ever looked like working for him in a back five, from his first few run outs however.

Shame, some work, some do not. No reason other than to be pleased for him today.

Summed up perfectly on his debut where he was caught out a couple of times, And always looks like a red card waiting to happen, league 2 is Prob his level. Good luck to him though.

Summed up perfectly on his debut where he was caught out a couple of times, And always looks like a red card waiting to happen, league 2 is Prob his level. Good luck to him though.

Not much seems to have changed. Quote from today's BBC summary of the match against Tranmere:

"Rovers, who ended the season with seven defeats in nine, might have also had a penalty had Adam El-Abd been penalised for handball in the first half."

Not much seems to have changed. Quote from today's BBC summary of the match against Tranmere:

"Rovers, who ended the season with seven defeats in nine, might have also had a penalty had Adam El-Abd been penalised for handball in the first half."

Ha ha. Caught one of Iain Dowie's reports on Sky towards the end of the match in which he said something like 'the only danger to Bury here is El-Abd has his arms all over Omotola and he might give away a penalty.' I thought, yep that sounds like Adam.

Cause hes crap !

He joined us at a difficult time, having only ever been a one club man, and being played slightly out of position in a formation he was not familiar with. Cut him some slack. He's just proved he's a top League 2 defender at the very minimum by solidifying Bury's defence and helping get them promoted, having been a part of a defence that kept 10 clean sheets in their last 14 games.

I bet you thought Flint was crap at the start of this season and would've happily sent him down the Rovers. 

Didn't work out with us but good luck to him.  

I'd like to see his disciplinary record next to Flint's.  (Hopefully Flint with complete the season with no cards tomorrow.  Amazing for a CB!

Sorry to disappoint you, but he picked up a silly yellow against (I believe) Sheffield UTD.

Archived