IGNORED

A Proper Shiny Silver Thing With Handles....

BS4 on Tour...

So, I've been watching City home and away for 41 years and obviously I've never seen us lift a 'proper' trophy.

Not sure how I'm going to react when the chaps lift a proper one skywards tomorrow.

To finish as the best team in a division after a long hard season is something I've never seen us achieve and I just don't know how I'm going to be when it's confirmed by the lifting of the cup.

Tears may well result, and that will be fine.

I've invested so much time and emotion in following the boys in red for over four decades and it's been one hell of a roller-coaster.

But tomorrow will somehow make it all worth it. I don't care that it's only the div 3 winners cup, it confirms that our team is the best this season.

My word, all those ungrateful prem fans will just never know how it will feel for us tomorrow.

A proper shiny silver thing with handles, I can't wait!

I think for all of us who have followed through thick and thin for year after year, from division 1 to division 4 from the brink of going bust to finally seeing a title being lifted at Ashton gate a tear will be shed a feeling of pride that will last for along time will be felt by all. This in my 35 years of following City has been the best, the season I've enjoyed the most the season i'll never forget, the season as a miserable old git i'll tell the grand kids about. I wont be there in body tomorrow but in every ounce of my heart will be, i'll be wearing my shirt and singing the songs and bursting with pride and lifting aloft a cider as Wade lifts that trophy! For all of you there lucky enough to be there tomorrow enjoy and savour as a long suffering City fan these days don't come around too often, although with Steve Cotterill at the helm who knows we have a few more to enjoy in the coming years!

Archived