IGNORED

Tommy Ware 1915

EnclosureSurge

Great shout.

After a 30 year military connection it always amazes me the sacrifice this country of ours took 100 years ago!

The friends units were decimated with the effect it took on the towns / villages the length & breath of our country.

RIP

What a great article by TheNatchWall. The standard of some of their blogs is really impressive. There have been some great articles that have rounded my understanding of our club its history and its place in West Country society. Excellent.

I'm ashamed to say I was unaware of Tommy Ware and his ultimate sacrifice..

At the going down of the sun we will remember them.

God bless you Tommy and your fallen comrades.

Don't be ashamed. At all. We didn't know till we looked into it all. We - City fanzine and supporters for 50 years - have been at it as long as you and many, many others but never knew or even really thought about these things till this centenary came up. Then we delved deep into the archives and found out a lot. We visited Tommy's grave in Belgium and juxtaposed that with the glorious success we have enjoyed this year. Somehow, somewhere, we like to think he is enjoying it, too.

But don't feel ashamed, at all. 

You remember him. And them. And so do we.

8-2. Champions. God Bless you Tommy.

What a great article by TheNatchWall. The standard of some of their blogs is really impressive. There have been some great articles that have rounded my understanding of our club its history and its place in West Country society. Excellent.

Cheers, Hoxton. We are fans of City and the written word. We like to put the two together.

How you put the two together to describe Aden Flint scoring a hat-trick, with his feet, is beyond all of us at thenatchwall but we'll give it a go soon enough!

Appreciate your kind words.

You Reds!

What a day, what a season, how to put this into words...?!

Out of likes but totally agree with Horton

Great work ES

Out of likes but totally agree with Horton

Great work ES

Cheers, BobBobSuperBob. With a moniker like that, you're a Fave already.

Been around for a few years, this season brings tears to the (collective) eyes but never forget, ''it's just a game'' (of sorts).

Appreciate the kind words.

Archived