IGNORED

Red Walls (merged)

WTMS

Sadly those days are a long way behind us now

It would be easy to turn the side of the stand red with flags for ninety minutes when City are at home.

Another idea and easily achievable.

The Dolman concourse could be used in sections to identify the culture and identity of the Football Club and Rugby.

Football Dolman sections A-B, Rugby sections C-D etc. This would reflect " Ashton Gate is now a shared stadium with Bristol Rugby .."

They ought not to be though as BRISTOL CITY is part of the BRISTOL SPORT brand.

Bristol rugby is in the city of Bristol so i see no problem with BRISTOL CITY on the seats.

;)

1/ All red seats

2/ Red seats with Bristol Sport/ BS image

3/ Bristol City

Option 4/ BRISTOL is an odd choice

• Admin

why? would the rugby club be offended by the word City?

Not sure that they would be offended with the word "City", but it holds no relevance to Bristol Rugby.

As it's now a shared stadium unless they had both teams recognised not sure it would ever happen.

Where as "Bristol Sport" being the main company - that wouldn't surprise me

1/ All red seats

2/ Red seats with Bristol Sport/ BS image

3/ Bristol City

Option 4/ BRISTOL is an odd choice

Unless Bristol City will be on the seats in the new Williams?

Doesn't bother me to be honest as it won't be seen when the stadium is full, it was far more important having all the seats red then what was written on them

Fair enough, as I said I don't think it's that important nice but not important

The culture and identity of an aspect of the club is always important, or is to some of us, as it defines what we are and what we are part of.

At a meeting in the Three Lions Andrew Billingham talked about working more on the Bristol City brand as concerns were raised by fans present regarding the direction BS were taking aspects of Bristol City i.e its culture and identity. Getting away from his use of the description brand it is questionable how the Dolman stand stating BRISTOL strengthens identity.

The very first post regarding red walls is a form of strengthening our Bristol City "brand". The fans of Bristol City are capable of much more, if allowed, and if allowed to contribute to the bigger picture. A possible bigger picture regarding the Dolman stand yet to be revealed, if the rumours concerning what could be a consideration for a section of the Dolman stand in future are factual.

The culture and identity of an aspect of the club is always important, or is to some of us, as it defines what we are and what we are part of.

At a meeting in the Three Lions Andrew Billingham talked about working more on the Bristol City brand as concerns were raised by fans present regarding the direction BS were taking aspects of Bristol City i.e its culture and identity. Getting away from his use of the description brand it is questionable how the Dolman stand stating BRISTOL strengthens identity.

The very first post regarding red walls is a form of strengthening our Bristol City "brand". The fans of Bristol City are capable of much more, if allowed, and if allowed to contribute to the bigger picture. A possible bigger picture regarding the Dolman stand yet to be revealed, if the rumours concerning what could be a consideration for a section of the Dolman stand in future are factual.

It's far more important that Bristol City play at Ashton gate in red then having Bristol City plastered on the seats that no one will see unless the ground is empty

You and others have posted plenty of scare tactics posts that have proven to be completely wrong in the past,

Let's wait for the entire ground is completed before we start to worry about this fictional weakening of our identity you constantly go on about

It's far more important that Bristol City play at Ashton gate in red then having Bristol City plastered on the seats that no one will see unless the ground is empty

You and others have posted plenty of scare tactics posts that have proven to be completely wrong in the past,

Let's wait for the entire ground is completed before we start to worry about this fictional weakening of our identity you constantly go on about

You and others have posted plenty of scare tactics posts that have proven to be completely wrong in the past ... Like?

There were individuals on this forum who thought Bristol Sport were here to only run the club shop .. You may have been one of these individuals. It was pointed out that was incorrect, and it clearly was.

Mr Billingham has been met in person. He did talk about concentrating, or focusing more on the Bristol City brand. So what you see here are suggestions that focus on aspects of that "brand", which are achievable, and realistic in a shared stadium ... No apple carts are being turned over.

I have to disagree, Monkeh. I don't want see happy mediums like this in our stadium.

'Bristol' looks shit and what point is there in putting writing in the seats if no one was ever expected to see it?

It's red and white seating and it has to be Bristol City, if not you may as well put blue seats in the bottom tier and have done with it.

Not sure that they would be offended with the word "City", but it holds no relevance to Bristol Rugby.

As it's now a shared stadium unless they had both teams recognised not sure it would ever happen.

Where as "Bristol Sport" being the main company - that wouldn't surprise me

then its odd leaving the seats mismatched with no explanation when so much money is being spent.

Good, I think that's a good place for them. Give the Atyeo to home fans and let them make it a proper home for the vocal support.

If this is factual it should be shared with those who have bought season tickets for the Dolman stand, and have inhabited the stand for seasons.

Mr Billingham did mention in public the stadium reflecting the heritage of Bristol City, or something close to that. There are some obvious questions regarding this and Bristol Sport's marketing strategy to ask.

Archived