IGNORED

So Why Were There So Many Empty Seats?

MarcusX

you must have been sat near me....totally agree a lot of space in A block Dolman and t'other end I moved along to near end of row b and could see other end through the end of the away dugout..........brilliant atmosphere though and wouldnt have missed it

you must have been sat near me....totally agree a lot of space in A block Dolman and t'other end I moved along to near end of row b and could see other end through the end of the away dugout..........brilliant atmosphere though and wouldnt have missed it

The empty seats in the Dolman were due to H&S as the amount of exits are limited during the rebuild. From where I was in the Williams it seemed the Atyeo (home end at least) was packed.

Fair few empty in the upper Williams as well. Real shame for those that couldn't get tickets. 

I agree with this. The concept of season tickets is a double-edged sword. Great for the club in the sense that they get a good wedge of money at the start of the season, but not good for atmosphere when a bunch of people don't turn up. Also not good for those fans who couldn't get tickets (which also has a knock-on effect for the club because in the future those fans might not bother trying again). I bet those fans who didn't bother turning up today are kicking themselves that they missed one of the best days in Bristol City history. And frankly, it serves them right.

Guy I sat next to today flew in from Saudi (no not a sheikh !) fair play to him

Gets over 4 or 5 times a year and treated himself to a season ticket next year to ensure he can see the games when he gets over

Fair play, as he said a bit expensive , but worth it for him

Lifelong City fan since 60s but now based in Saudi

But there will be one empty seat for most of next season - would be good for the club and supporters , St holders and those looking for tickets , alike if they could sort a system for selling on season ticket holders tickets

I agree with this. The concept of season tickets is a double-edged sword. Great for the club in the sense that they get a good wedge of money at the start of the season, but not good for atmosphere when a bunch of people don't turn up. Also not good for those fans who couldn't get tickets (which also has a knock-on effect for the club because in the future those fans might not bother trying again). I bet those fans who didn't bother turning up today are kicking themselves that they missed one of the best days in Bristol City history. And frankly, it serves them right.

Got season ticket! One of the empty seats was mine! Couldn't make it today. Sorry Mr Great. 

I highly doubt anyone who wasn't there today didn't go because they couldn't be bothered.

atyeo up in the corner half empty??

Obviously s great day and take nothing away from that but annoying to be stuck behind the away dugout where all I could see most the game was their managers arse or the 4th officials arse.

Must've also been sat near me... Although I loved sitting behind Sawyers and watching Dean Smith; it was pretty annoying seeing those empty seats!

Ah well, I got my photo taken with Korey Smith... I'm 37 and should not be star struck.

Archived