IGNORED

Stephen Mcphee

TETBURY MASSIVE

Guest smoking_Gee

Yeah his agent said that about a week ago. Dont know why the envening post said he is on our short list when he was already set to sign for someone else

• Admin

Unless you have seen a report stating he is categorically going to Portugal I'd take it with, as someone else put it earlier in the week, "a small country's worth of salt".

Basically as he is under-24 and out of contract, moving abroad would entitle Port Vale to no fee whatsoever, however were he to join an English club, our domestic association's rules state that an amount of compensation must be agreed between the two clubs.

Leeds had already had (an admittedly "paltry") bid refused and I reckon the move to Portugal was merely talked up by McPhee's agent to scare the Vale board into thinking they won't be getting anything for him at all. In this situation they are more likely to accept a lesser bid from an English side than they would have done had no foreign side made a move for him.

I fully expect him to be at an English club at the start of the 04/05 season.

• Admin
Unless you have seen a report stating he is categorically going to Portugal I'd take it with, as someone else put it earlier in the week, "a small country's worth of salt".

Basically as he is under-24 and out of contract, moving abroad would entitle Port Vale to no fee whatsoever, however were he to join an English club, our domestic association's rules state that an amount of compensation must be agreed between the two clubs.

Leeds had already had (an admittedly "paltry") bid refused and I reckon the move to Portugal was merely talked up by McPhee's agent to scare the Vale board into thinking they won't be getting anything for him at all. In this situation they are more likely to accept a lesser bid from an English side than they would have done had no foreign side made a move for him.

I fully expect him to be at an English club at the start of the 04/05 season.

Arse

Still, that leaves us a week to highjack the deal :D

• Admin
Ive just heard from my unreliable made up source that Madger has reportedly said he is going to hijack a deal in Spain for the Chesterfield striker Shaun Mcvee who scored 37 goals last season, you heard it here first.
In light of recent rumours reported on the internet, I would like to confirm that Shaun Mcvee is somebody that we would be interested in bringing to this club but is only one avenue that we may pursue. At this moment in time we are looking at bringing in a number of players to help us in going forward. At the end of the day we all want the same thing and hope to bring in the players required to leave us there or thereabouts come May.

Guest XrAnGeX
If you look at various websites, you'd think Abramovich owned Beira Mar because everyones going there!!

Peacock-McPhee-Parkin etc so I think it's probably down to his agent stirring.

I'd wait and see.

Paul Murray (Ex-Oldham) is already there I believe. :D

Guest tommyisgod

Looks like Mick Wadsworth wants to build a team consisting of players from the English leagues. He's already got Clyde Wijnhard, Andy Marriott and Paul Murray (ex Oldham) there, plus it looks like they're interested in Kevin Pressman too.

Tried using some translator on their Website, but it's all very broken English! No mention of Lee Peacock, but a bit on McPhee.

XrAnGeX beat me to the picture of their stadium which hosted Czech Rep v Latvia & will also be hosting Holland v Czech Republic, the VERY multi-coloured Municipal Stadium of Aveiro.

Guest exiledred

i bet mcphee is back in england within a month tops

like every other lower league player who tries his luck abroad, we'll prob sign him in september!

Guest Spunkwood

Yea but all the crap players aka 2nd rate divison players do well look at Jay Boothroyd whereas players like Ian Rush and all big names do poo

Archived