IGNORED

To My Dad And All The Other City Fans No Longer Here

BS3_RED

Amen to that BS3. Moving and very true.

My mate Noel would have loved to be there today. He was faithful through the lean years, and My God, there were plenty of those.

RIP all those City fans who didn't live to see it.

Yep. Took a moment to look up at the sky after the final whistle today. One of my very good friends who was a Reading fan died of cancer last year. He'd adopted City as his second team, and when he wasn't well enough to make the drive to Reading, he'd come to the Gate with me. The last game he saw in fact was a City game.

I'd like to think he's played a part in our luck this season.

Thanks Phil, still miss you mate. I hope you're up there smiling down at how well my team have done this season. Thanks for helping us out.

I take an 86 year old guy to games, from Yeovil on Boxing Day until the Barnsley game a few weeks back he couldn't make it to the Gate because of ill health. So glad he got these final few games in and was there to see us lift the trophy today. One of the few people about who could remember our last league title. Days like this are even more special for people like them. Let's hope we all go and see us move on to even better things over the next few years. Come On You Reds!

Thinking of you dad who died 13 years ago next Monday. Still remember with fondness our times at the Gate and following City away via Ceefax. Also to the grandfather I never met who was a regular at City for years. Both seen the last Championship winning side of 1954-55, and I would like to think they've been looking down in admiration, along with other fans who've departed this life, at the exploits of these new gods.

Like Dolly, I looked up to the clouds on the final whistle.

Dad got me into all this malarkey and he'd be turning back-flips if he was around now (and able to!)

RIP Dad - and all those loyal reds who have gone on before us.

Days like yesterday reinforce that we might all have different views, but we're all part of a one big family.

Most us us are supporters of this great club due to our family and certainly in my family I'm either a 4th or 5th generation supporter. All the generations before me have now passed and being a red just makes me feel close to my loved ones. Knowing they watched from the same stands etc. Because of them I feel a huge part of this clubs past present and future. It's just that emotional connection that a Bristol born Liverpool/Man u/Arsenal fan will never experience.

Weird, my folks are still here but it made me appreciate them in a present/hindsight kind of way. City is the unifying factor!

Oddly also a gashead I consider a friend was back in touch today.

Who says it's no longer the people's game?

From the far off days of Harry Dolman and a rusty leaky old 70's East End thanks to our dear departed Dad for taking us to watch the team that Alan Dicks built and still my favourite ever City side.

Well done Cott's and a truely great Bristol City team our dad would have loved it to have seen this special season.

COYR.

Also took a moment today at the final whistle to salute the legends above.

The great Lord Dennis Neal, the honourable president of the Tetbury Supporters Branch will have been celebrating since about the Swindon game and will be for a long time yet.....

We thank you Lord Dennis for making us into City fans!

Enjoy this buddy. This one is for you and Jean!

We all miss you both. X x

If my Dad had not taken me, maybe I would never have been City.

He died in 1987 but was very much in my thoughts yesterday.

Also my Mum, who had always promised to buy the tickets if City ever got to Wembley. As she died in 1981, she could not fulfil that promise but even so, Dad honoured the promise even though by that time, he was unable to travel himself.

Archived