IGNORED

Best Free Kick Goal By A City Player

bcfcchris2016

Guest Spunkwood
Tinman against Charlton FA Cup 5th round 1994.

Further, if it wasn't for Scott Minto's absolute lack of sportsmanship it would have seen us playing Man Utd at Old Trafford in the quater finals... :@

what atchully happened in that game i remembers all the others bar that one

Tinnions against Cambridge on new years day a few years back- where Beadle flicked the ball up for him- pure class! Have seen a fair few decent ones over the years from Barnard, Tinman & Bell though.

Yep that's the one i can really remember. That was a class goal.

When was the last time we scored directly from a free kick?

From the top of my head was it Brian Tinnion against Peterborogh now 2 seasons ago when we won 3-1.

Tinnions against Cambridge on new years day a few years back- where Beadle flicked the ball up for him- pure class! Have seen a fair few decent ones over the years from Barnard, Tinman & Bell though.
Yep i'd agree with that , quality free kick and a wonderfull game if i remember correctly. It finnished 6-2 to to city we , were drawing 1-1 at half time! There keeper got sent off for taking thorpe (or murray??) down outside the box and his replacements first job was to pick it out of the net! :wub::D

Peacock vs Swindon at the County Ground a couple of years ago. We won 2-1, and Peacock put us 2-0 up with the best free-kick I've ever seen live. Such power and curl, nestled into the top corner, the perfect free-kick!

Shame he's less affective from 12 yards... :D

Guest bristollionheart

I remember when we were playing Wycombe in 1996/97, Mickey Bell was playing for them, he was like their star player from left-back. Anyway, their keeper got sent off for handball outside the box and one of their players, Steve Brown, went in goal. Tinman curled in the free-kick with such ease, it wasn't an amazing goal, it was just so easy and that's what impressed me about it most, Tins just stepped up and calmly curled it into the net, such class.

Guest Buster Rimes

Alan Walsh hit a 30 yarder at home to Doncaster in a 5-0 mauling circa 1986. Absolutely brilliant.

Someone was asking what Snot Vimto did against us back in 94. We were 1-0 up and a Charlton player went down injured so we kicked the ball out. He didn't give us the ball back and from a cross that came from the throw in they equalised. We went on to lose the replay 2-0.

Ernie Hunt in the seventies flick the ball from between his legs and tainton or Sweeney volleyed it over the wall in the roof of the net. I think it was made illegal shortly afterwards. He also did the same when playing for Coventry the season before.

Guest bristolbred

I'd vote for Alan Walsh, but my memory isn't as clear as it used to be, ( old age!). ;) so i can't say exactly which match, but he did score a fair few from free kicks!!, :laugh:

;)

i just thought of another one couple of seasons back I'm not sure who was involved or who scored it but it was in line with the goals just outside the area someone flicked it up and the other player next to him chested it and vollied it into the top corner

Archived