IGNORED

Prime-Time Fl Highlights On Channel 5 From Next Season

sephjnr

Is he left or right footed this Mr Productions?

I  would guess he's right and left footed with a finger in every pie according to how many goals he is gonna produce in the entire FL next season, that being 100%. But bet when it comes to being picked for England in the next World Cup in Russia he doesn't produce a bean coz he's too knackered.

Linky

This kinda snuck under the radar, but A) it's the end of Bhasin and RosenEeyore, and B) it's on before MOTD which is all kinds of steaksauce.

Jesus!!  That article is heavy going!  A PR release for every possible reader. Half of that went straight over my head.

I want to know when it's on, who is presenting it, how much football we see, does the Championship get more air time, how much punditry will there be, who are the pundits and confirmation Adrian Chiles won't be the frontman.

I also want to know what time Strictly is on so I can have the argument over what we watch now and not every Saturday night for several weeks...........................

This was announced weeks ago....The only hope is that they don't try and poach Claridge to join them.  :shudder:

Claridge will have his hands full as Manager and one of the Directors of the Phoenix Salisbury club, who are trying to get back in business next season.

• Admin

Jesus!!  That article is heavy going!  A PR release for every possible reader. Half of that went straight over my head.

I want to know when it's on, who is presenting it, how much football we see, does the Championship get more air time, how much punditry will there be, who are the pundits and confirmation Adrian Chiles won't be the frontman.

I also want to know what time Strictly is on so I can have the argument over what we watch now and not every Saturday night for several weeks...........................

LOL, I thought the same. Talk about copying and pasting the whole press release !

See the show will be on for 90 minutes, I wonder how much of that time will be ad breaks ?

:laugh:, I thought the same. Talk about copying and pasting the whole press release !

See the show will be on for 90 minutes, I wonder how much of that time will be ad breaks ?

Ofcom limits adverts to a maximum of 12 minutes per hour (and an average of 7 minutes per hour over the course of the day) for public service broadcasters such as C5.  Therefore it shouldn't be more than about 18 minutes of adverts in that hour and a half show - although as C5 are likely hoping it to be one of their higher-rated shows they will likely try and get the max amount of ads in in order to maximise their return.

This would leave 112 minutes (less a bit for the titles and credits) for highlights and analysis.  Split that between three leagues and you get 34 minutes per league.  I suspect they will follow the existing model of one or two "feature" games from each league and then condensed highlights and chat of all the others.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/broadcasting/broadcast-codes/advert-code/ad-minutage

Ofcom limits adverts to a maximum of 12 minutes per hour (and an average of 7 minutes per hour over the course of the day) for public service broadcasters such as C5.  Therefore it shouldn't be more than about 18 minutes of adverts in that hour and a half show - although as C5 are likely hoping it to be one of their higher-rated shows they will likely try and get the max amount of ads in in order to maximise their return.

This would leave 112 minutes (less a bit for the titles and credits) for highlights and analysis.  Split that between three leagues and you get 34 minutes per league.  I suspect they will follow the existing model of one or two "feature" games from each league and then condensed highlights and chat of all the others.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/broadcasting/broadcast-codes/advert-code/ad-minutage

Well worked out....unfortunately I'm not sure what you're working it out on....If C5 do go for 18 mins, that only leaves 72 mins for footage, or 24 mins per league.....still not too shabby, and I expect it would more likely work out something like 35, 20, 17 maybe split down per league.

Will be interesting to see what format they come up with though.

countdown-numbers-game.jpg

Good thing the club put the goals up on youtube.

Who knows, maybe it'll be a great show.

Remember when C4 won the cricket rights? They did an excellent job and in a way set the benchmark that Sky took on after them... Maybe C5 will do an ok job..

Archived