IGNORED

Jet - ' Proud To Have Worn The Bristol City Shirt '

BobBobSuperBob

I have PM'd five posters who posted comments that did not reflect the brilliance JET brought us.

I challenged each to a duel by knitting needle at dawn. Not one turned up.

Hell, I will take you all on at once.

Even more gutted and baffled by this one now.  

He's easily the most gifted player we've had at City for decades and this shows even more evidence that he loved it here.  

Why does it feel like we've had a star player snatched from us by someone waving a massive wad of cash, when actually it appears we've just said thanks for everything Jay, but it's time to say cheerio, as we don't need you any more?  I get all the stuff about it not being good for him to be sitting on the bench, but I really don't see why we didn't at least give him an opportunity to say thanks but no thanks to a contract.

We all know JET has his shortcomings, but to use GJ's terminology, that's one club that will definitely be missing from our bag next season, as we haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of getting another JET!  

We've had fantastic consistency from the squad this season, and we know you won't get that from JET.  While that could be viewed as a weakness, that is also his strength, as none of us know what he's going to do next, so that must make him a complete nightmare for the opposition.  That's a weapon that could have been so valuable to us next season, but sadly it isn't to be.

SC has done a fantastic job, so he's earned and deserves our trust, but this is one decision I really hope doesn't come back and bite us on the arse.

I'm sure JET will get a heroes welcome when he next appears at the Gate, as he's won many of his critics over and it was an absolute pleasure watching him play and also be privileged to have a talent like that at our club.

It's going to be very sad not seeing his name on the team sheet next year, but I wish the bloke every success wherever he goes, (with the exception of Cardiff, Swindon or the Sags of course). 

His replacement is going to have a massive act to follow, that's for sure!!!

I imagined him taking a penalty against us next season, and in the 5 minutes it took for him to run up we sang Jet will tear you apart

As long as we were winning 6-0 and it was the 88th minute that would actually be class.

Gutted!

A lesser man would have thrown his toys out of his pram after not getting picked despite scoring over 20 goals the previous season, and God knows how many assist.

When he's had some game time this season he's scored a few and got a few assists, there's not a lot more he could do really, he'd have got us 20 + this season if he was played enough no doubt about it.

I don't know why he's leaving but I have my suspicions....

All I can say is, I can 100% guarantee you we will never see such talent wear our shirt again, he would have been a valuable asset in the championship, but life goes on :-(

Wherever he goes I wish him all the best, unless he goes back to Cardiff which I really hope doesn't happen (uhhhhhhhhhummmm)!

Gutted!

A lesser man would have thrown his toys out of his pram after not getting picked despite scoring over 20 goals the previous season, and God knows how many assist.

When he's had some game time this season he's scored a few and got a few assists, there's not a lot more he could do really, he'd have got us 20 + this season if he was played enough no doubt about it.

I don't know why he's leaving but I have my suspicions....

All I can say is, I can 100% guarantee you we will never see such talent wear our shirt again, he would have been a valuable asset in the championship, but life goes on :-(

Wherever he goes I wish him all the best, unless he goes back to Cardiff which I really hope doesn't happen (uhhhhhhhhhummmm)!

I might as well burn me season ticket then! :facepalm:

Archived