IGNORED

Kevin Miller Better Then Steve Phillips

Big Red Rich

This is a message from 'The Joker' (apt name!) about Joe Burnell on the gas forum:

Availible on a free from Bristol City and Wycombe are about to poach him! Why arn't we in there!? Considering with the exception of kevin Miller there isn't a player who could get in there team last season, surely he would be a great addition!

Can we have some signings now please.

Guest bristollionheart

I agree, Kevin Miller is a very good all-round keeper.

Steve Phillips only got into the PFA team because we had conceded less goals than anybody else in the country when they chose their players in Januray, but this was because of our negative tactics early season and the out-field players defending well early season - before we dropped Burnell and went on a winning run from mid-table to top of the league.

Guest bristollionheart

Oh and Burnell definately wouldn't get into the Rovers side when they see what he's really like instead of just seeing that he played 161 games for Bristol City.

I agree, Kevin Miller is a very good all-round keeper.

Steve Phillips only got into the PFA team because we had conceded less goals than anybody else in the country when they chose their players in Januray, but this was because of our negative tactics early season and the out-field players defending well early season - before we dropped Burnell and went on a winning run from mid-table to top of the league.

erm your joking right?

SP is a class keeper for this division and considering the drought of decent english keepers he has every chance to go all the way. Look at calamity he's the best we have!!!!!!!

ureds

Guest bristollionheart

I'm not saying Phillips is a disaster, he's a pretty impressive shot-stopper, I'm saying Miller is bloody good mate.

I'm not saying Phillips is a disaster, he's a pretty impressive shot-stopper, I'm saying Miller is bloody good mate.
Miller is overweight and nowhere near better than Steve Phillips.

If Miller was so good he would of been snapped up by now - That's generally what happens when such a poor team has such a fantastic individual.

In his Watford days Miller was unquestionably the best keeper outside the Premiership. He put in some good performances in the Prem with a very weak Palace team. A few years after that he notoriously went on strike and refused to play at a time when Palace were in administration and couldn't pay the players. (compare this incidentally to Neil Shipperley who actually contributed around a grand of his own money to the supporters' "Save The Club" fund) .Steve Coppell promptly dropped him from the team and he disappeard without trace, back to Watford, then down the food chain to Exeter and eventually the Gas.

Haven't seen him play for years but I suspect the reason why he's so far down may well have something to do with him being perceived as a troublemaker, which is a shame cos he used to be a fine keeper. Better than Phillips.

Guest gastillidie

Miller is a brilliant keeper, I don't know if he is better than Phillips as I have only seen Phillips on tv in the play offs and without trying to annoy anyone he didn't seems as brilliant as city fans make him out to be, but I am only judging on three games.

As for a better team trying to buy Miller, he is 34 now so I don't think it wuold be worth it but if he was younger I am sure he would be playing in a higher league.

Guest Spunkwood

what time did Dave Beasent ummmm Southall leave the premiership get over it he's poo he plays for the Gas, we have Phillips you dont get over it :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what time did Dave Beasent ummmm Southall leave the premiership get over it he's poo he plays for the Gas, we have Phillips you dont get over it

Very mature.

I didnt need to get over the fact that you got Phillips - he can't save penalties!

And judging the gas's season Miller cant save anything!

Oh, he can - without him we'd have gone down this year.

I seem to remember Phillips saving a penalty in 2000.

Now who was that against?

I seem to remember Phillips not saving a penalty in May 2004.

Oh, he can - without him we'd have gone down this year.

I seem to remember Phillips not saving a penalty in May 2004.

Sent you lot down though didn't he?

Scooter Red

No, had we got better results in the games immediately before and after that game we'd still be in Div.2 now.

Remember before the penalty, all your cheats surrounding the ref to waste time?

That may be the way you choose to remember it. I prefer my version of history...didn't it happen on the 2nd May, the title for one of your old fanzines?

Scooter Red

No, had we got better results in the games immediately before and after that game we'd still be in Div.2 now.

Remember before the penalty, all your cheats surrounding the ref to waste time?

What a great day that was. The only problem was that i had to wait untill i got out of the West stand before i could celebrate.

Very mature.

I didnt need to get over the fact that you got Phillips - he can't save penalties!

Phillips saved a few penalties this season and usually goes the right way , anyway i dont need to tell you that you already know. :P Whats the point in this argument?? Phillips is better , he was voted by the rest of his fellow proffesionals as best keeper in this division , sorry but they will obviously know better than the rest of us. If it wasnt for phillips we wouldnt have even made the playoff final and would have been out in the first leg.

Archived