IGNORED

Burnley Away

i hate rovers

Never been.heard they can be a handful up there.

Quite a feisty trip there in the Ward promotion season and locals used more than fists, but that was then. Last trip was tame. The away end is one of the better ones for atmosphere.

Quite a feisty trip there in the Ward promotion season and locals used more than fists, but that was then. Last trip was tame. The away end is one of the better ones for atmosphere.

Still think they are fairly active from what i have been told, never been myself but heard its a horrible shit hole of a place

Last game of 84/85 was interesting pre-match.

After we beat Burnley sending them down to the old 4th division its safe to say they weren't best pleased, and there have been better times for an away transit to break down outside the ground.

Still think they are fairly active from what i have been told, never been myself but heard its a horrible shit hole of a place

Active - No idea. Quite like the ground and its feel v many others. The locals staunchly support their team better than the Bristol populace support theirs.

It is a shithole, I can confirm that. Been to Turf Moor but not for a game.

Well if you wish to ask for improvements here is the new MP for Burnley and you can see she has about a 3k majority; less than I would have thought for a working class labour 'stranglehold' and actually a rather small total electorate compared to most constituencies.. usually a winner needs much closer to 20k to win.. also you have the council make up..  Go and ask them for some improvements to their 5hit-hole.

Burnley has elected Julie Cooper as the constituency MP. The general election result was announced just before 3 am at St Peter's Leisure Centre (considered NOT to be an architectural gem)

The full results were:-  Gordon Birtwistle, Liberal Democrat 11,707, Sarah Cockburn-Price, Conservative 5,374, Tom Commis, UKIP 6,864, Julie Cooper, Labour 14,951, Michael Hargreaves, Green Party 850. The turn out was 62 per cent. - See more at: http://www.burnley.gov.uk/news/burnley-general-election-result-announced#sthash.m6tFXefG.dpuf

Burnley Council election results have been announced at St Peter's Leisure centre this afternoon. Battles for seats took place in most wards in the borough, with two seats being contested in Hapton with Park ward. The make up of Burnley Council is now Labour Party - 29 seats (up one); Liberal Democrats - 10 seats (down two); Conservative Party - 5 seats (no change); UK Independence Party - 1 seat (up one). - See more at: http://www.burnley.gov.uk/news/burnley-council-election-results#sthash.DPEbBA0g.dpuf

And just so you know.. the first sentence on their home page reads:-

Burnley Council is all about working hard for you - residents of the borough.

So they at least say they care.. i would pretend not to be from the outside though as they might not take you too seriously. Polish up your Lancastrian.

Archived