IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie

JammyOne

This sums up football fans mentality, two seasons in the prem and now a key player for a mid table side and proven at that level and still fans of his former club are declaring he's not that great.

Millen signed a blinder in Yannick and saw the potential in him as he mentioned at the time of signing.

He grew as the season went on and for me always looked a player with more potential that Albert long term.

No surprise that he's doing well at that level along with the man who plucked him from Plymouth.

Good Luck to the lad, wouldn't be surprised if he got a 15-20m move in the next year or so at all

This sums up football fans mentality, two seasons in the prem and now a key player for a mid table side and proven at that level and still fans of his former club are declaring he's not that great.

Millen signed a blinder in Yannick and saw the potential in him as he mentioned at the time of signing.

He grew as the season went on and for me always looked a player with more potential that Albert long term.

No surprise that he's doing well at that level along with the man who plucked him from Plymouth.

Good Luck to the lad, wouldn't be surprised if he got a 15-20m move in the next year or so at all

People are obsessed with Albert the same way as they are with Caulker when both actually aren't that good.

People are obsessed with Albert the same way as they are with Caulker when both actually aren't that good.

It's all relative though isn't it. Both were all that for us in the Championship and so its no wonder they get 'support', I wouldn't call that an obsession however.

The Caulker debate has been done to death. Personally I think he could have gone as far as he would let himself in the game but a series of bad moves have left him with substantial ground to catch up if he is going to fulfill his potential. However he's still very young and I certainly would not write him off yet. I mean seriously he's still got three years left until he's the same age Gary Cahill was when he moved to Chelsea. He's the same age now as when Gary Cahill became a settled starter at Bolton following loans and failing to break in to the Villa back line. What is imperative is that he (Caulker) makes the correct move post QPR. Linking up again with Sherwood and moving to Villa I think would get him back on track.

As for comparing Albert and Yannick all that I would want to contribute really is Yannick has rarely done things which I think are simply beyond Albert's abilities. Between the two as I see it one has had the break in the Prem and taken it with both hands, the other has not had the break. Players like Gary Monk and Jamie Vardy etc show just how important luck and that big break can be in football as both took within their stride the rise from the bottom leagues to the Premier League - and in Vardy's case an international call up (whatever your thoughts on that).

I suppose the crux of the points  I am making here are I don't see Yannick's playing in the Prem as necessarily determinative of him being the better player; Yannick's core skills I don't see as vastly superior to Albert's (if at all).

Finally, and most importantly Yannick is now playing in a side which exploits his skills: he has zaha on the other flank and then either a striker constantly on the move (Gayle) or a Wilbraham type in Murray. This creates for him space and serves to largely prevent the double and triple marking that someone say, like Adomah, gets every single game. We saw it here, if you watch the FL show you'll have seen it throughout the season and if you watched yesterday you would have seen it then. Not only that behind the Palace forward line is a settled and complimentary midfield (Jedinak and Ledley) which give the forward players their platform. Then they play with attacking full backs too. Put Albert in a side made up like that and I would be very confident he could achieve at least all that Bolasie has.

Archived