IGNORED

Who Would You Go After For The Rwb Position?

otib118

Apart from striker I think this is the most important position to strengthen, I rate Little but think he may be caught out a lot more in the championship next year? Also with his playstlyle he's likely to burn himself out.

The 3 most obvious choices would be Nathan Byrne, Todd Kane or James Tavernier personally I'd like to see Kane back here as he's pretty good in both Wing back and Centre mid from what ive seen of him

If it's either or I'd still be tempted to get another right sided centre half

Love Ayling as a footballer , as a character and one of my players of season but I'm not sure that defending is his strong point and in a 3 in the Championship he's gonna be fully tested - personally If I thought that way I'd still have to find a place for him

Just wonder if he wouldn't also be a great right wing back, not that there's much at all wrong with Mark Little

I have a feeling we might see Ayling stepping into the RWB slot next season.  I think Little might get first dibs but if he isn't up to the mark, Ayling will take over.

Byrne is a great little player but I think he's out of our reach - if he leaves Swindon (likely), he'll prob end up at somewhere like Wolves.

If there was anyone else out there I'd show interest in it would be Tendayi Darikwa at Chesterfield.  He's the most natural wing back I can think of, as opposed to a fullback who would be shifted out of position (Kane is not a wing back, neither I think is Tavernier - both can play CM or RB, but neither is a natural WB).

However, I have a feeling Ayling will be the RWB and we'll be going after a right sided centre back to slot into Ayling's current role.

If it's either or I'd still be tempted to get another right sided centre half

Love Ayling as a footballer , as a character and one of my players of season but I'm not sure that defending is his strong point and in a 3 in the Championship he's gonna be fully tested - personally If I thought that way I'd still have to find a place for him

Just wonder if he wouldn't also be a great right wing back, not that there's much at all wrong with Mark Little

Hmmm.... bit of an issue for a defender.

If it's cb's were looking at, how's about Harry maguire? Lost his way maybe and would be a great addition. I know he was at hull but currently lost as to who he's been playing for if at all

Good player but very similar to Flint. I think we need a quicker centre half if we go down that route.

Hmmm.... bit of an issue for a defender.

Cotts has said he wanted one of the three to be able to bring the ball out from the back which worked fantastically this (last :o ) season and was a big part of our game and Ayling did what Cotts wanted brilliantly

Suppose what I was trying to get at will the balance of a player great bringing the ball out against defensive abilities need to be considered / adjusted in the Championship :D

For example if you look back at the two Walsall goals Tavernier and Ayling didn't get it together at all - leave space like that in Championship and we will get punished I'd suggest

From the goals we did score this season, from my recollection a fair percentage came through that inside left channel - as I say - I think Aylings a great footballer - it's just getting the best use from him

Cotts may well leave it exactly as it is and he's the one to judge and call it :D

I don't think Little is too bad defensively. If he had the same ability going forward as Joe, as opposed to raw pace and power, he'd be in the Premier League. I think we could still do a little better for a first choice though for the next level. Tavernier or Kane would both be excellent, the first probably the more likely given Wigan's relegation?

I would go Tavernier. Already cemented himself in the squad, and did the job well. He'll be looking to leave Wigan considering his lack of games and them going down - can't see why we wouldn't go for it.

Personally didn't see enough of Kane to comment, but JT would certainly be my first choice. A lot forgetting we have Little as well, who would arguably be first choice anyway.

Archived